Help

Started by Merv77,

Previous topic - Next topic

Merv77Topic starter

Hey Marius,
I noticed that when I import from YouTube, I can assign videos to categories, but not to PLAYLISTS. I also have problems to import my entire YouTube channel. Lastly, whenever I resize my images they they system rejects it as not being a RESOURCE. I love vibe 11, really nice work, just need to know what to do so I can redo my entire website like I did on vibe 6.42.

If you need to login to my webhosting so I can get a speedy head start with loading my website with content, let me know. I will be more than willing to buy you a coffee :-)

Thanks
Mervin Reyes
https://mervintimothyreyes.com/
  •  

Marius P.

Hi Merv, this version of Vibe is for bug finding only, so I would not really recommend yet to use it for a live website just yet without expecting any issues, it got way too few testing hours in the real world. Also, it's not yet done completely. I haven't even gotten to the Youtube importer or Plyr player.
But thank you for your bug reporting, it will help.

You need to be a bit more specific about the
QuoteI also have problems to import my entire YouTube channel. Lastly, whenever I resize my images they they system rejects it as not being a RESOURCE. I love vibe 11, really nice work, just need to know what to do so I can redo my entire website like I did on vibe 6.42.
What problems do you have importing your youtube channel? It's the same as v6 there.
Where do you upload images? It has so many image uploaders, for categories, video thumbnails, actual pictures, and so on...please be specific!
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Merv77Topic starter

Ok Marius,
I understand. So, where can I download vibe 6.42 to build my website in the meantime? Do you suggest this? Then whenever Vibe 11 is completed I can simply update my website right? Kindly let me know please. I currently have to the latest vibe installed on my domain. If you suggest me to use vibe 6.42, then I will do so.

Thanks
Merv
  •  

Marius P.

Merv, Vibe 6 is over 4 years old, you are safer with V11's alpha. As V6 has a lot more issues now.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Merv77Topic starter

Ok Marius,
I will proceed with using vibe 11 Alpha as it seems amazing. One last thing please. When you think vibe 11 will be ready to launch a secure reliable website?

Thanks
Merv
  •  

Marius P.

Unfortunately, feedback is low atm. Let's see after the holiday.
As reports come in, as fast as I can fix the issues. Still have some pointers to upgrade on my side, 2-5 days.
  •  

Celsojkfpg

hello mario
How do I disable website animations?
And I modify the profile page.
And on the player page it does not show the button to play next video

https://ysul.com.br/video/11/farme-holo-chave-corrompida-warframe/
  •  

KRM

Hi,
There is no doubt that PHPvibe is one of the best available solutions to host video files. But still, it is in its development stage. I upgraded my phpvibe 6 to phpvibe 11.0.3 for testing purposes. I noticed some errors in my installation:

1) Remote video Problem: I couldn't add remotely hosted videos from Backblaze or Amazon S3. After entering the URL in 'Add remote video', fill out all the necessary fields and after clicking 'Add video', it shows 'Video created successfully. Manage videos'. But when I click 'Video Manager', I couldn't see the video there, I checked in the Mysql database video section, where the entry is not added. What happened to the remote video?
There is no provision to add a remote video in 'Share video' in Upload.

2) It takes too much time to load animation effects in the theme, it takes time to load the theme. Is there any way to turn off animations, so the theme loads faster?

3) In a user profile the user name is editable by anyone. There is always a pencil icon displayed next to the profile name. The profile name looks editable by anyone. Don't want to display the edit symbols when viewing profiles. Kindly check a channel profile page- https://www.videoshifter.com/profile/superman/1/

4) In my installation I could add single Youtube videos, but the 'Youtube Importer' doesn't work (Youtube API v3 key added). After clicking 'Start Importing' always ends in a blank white screen. I tested channel Id, channel name, etc. every time it ends in a blank white screen.

5) In JWplayer the resolution is not displaying, but the video changes the resolution when hitting the HD button on the player (even not showing HD/SD always shows HD).

Feature Request
1) There is no provision to filter videos based on Language. Kindly include a feature to see videos by Language.
2) Turn off Theme animations to load theme faster.
3) Kindly add more payment options (at least one for other currencies). In most scripts, these payment gateways are used Paypal, Stripe, Razorpay, instamojo, paystack, etc.
4) There is no wallet system, and no subscription system. Kindly add a page to buy a Monthly/Yearly subscription system. The wallet system helps to enable pay per view type videos.
5) Add @ with the channel name  Eg: @superman in https://www.videoshifter.com/profile/superman/1/

Overall excellent script, try to complete it asp. People will invest/spend time in a script having all the features that they want and a ready-to-go type script. Most of them don't have a coding background and don't want to spend their time repairing an incomplete script. But if it is a complete script they will add themes, plugins, etc. (Example : Wordpress eco system).

You can create Themes and Plugins (Payment plugins, S3 storage plugins, additional features plugins), so users can buy them. If you provide a separate page for Third party Themes and plugins (like WordPress Themes and Plugins) then third-party themes and plugins will start to grow.

Thank you for your great effort and the nice script. It has a great potential to grow.
  •  

Celsojkfpg

•  

Marius P.

Hi KRM, you need to print errors to see what's wrong with that blank page. Change the server's settings for the domain, or the php.ini
Youtube importer works fine. I just tested it.
Going to look at the others.

Thanks and keep them coming!
  •