Plyr is coming to PHPVibe

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

Marius P.Topic starter

In the absolute crisis of free video players, when I had to remove most video players from Vibe due to their new licensing  :'( I've finally received good news from Sam Potts, the Plyr.io founder, and I can now integrate his awesome player in PHPVibe!  ;D
Thank you Sam!  ;)

Links:
Sam Potts https://twitter.com/sam_potts
Plyr player https://plyr.io
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!

adhsaab

This is great news ..Mario Thank you
is there any support for m3u8 ,Hls ,live stream etc?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: HPR

HPR

Quote from: @Mario on In the absolute crisis of free video players, when I had to remove most video players from Vibe due to their new licensing  :'( I've finally received good news from Sam Potts, the Plyr.io founder, and I can now integrate his awesome player in PHPVibe!  ;D
Thank you Sam!  ;)

Links:
Sam Potts https://twitter.com/sam_potts
Plyr player https://plyr.io
Sir picture in picture option will work in this player?
do you have any plan to integrate videojs player too in script?

Thankyou
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

VideoJs is already in PHPVibe  :)
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: adhsaab on This is great news ..Mario Thank you
is there any support for m3u8 ,Hls ,live stream etc?

Unfortunately, I have no time to document that, but as the script becomes open-source... other developers may contribute.
  •  

HPR

Quote from: @Mario on Unfortunately, I have no time to document that, but as the script becomes open-source... other developers may contribute.
i understand sir but i want to use vibe for live Tv only that's why i requested this feature.
Thank you
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: HPR on i understand sir but i want to use vibe for live Tv only that's why i requested this feature.
Thank you

You can't just stream from PHP, you need an external handler/server.
In PHPVibe you could just build a receiver and a source for video playback. A source can be written like this https://old.phpvibe.com/how-to-write-a-web-sourcecustom-embed/
  •  

HPR

Quote from: @Mario on You can't just stream from PHP, you need an external handler/server.
In PHPVibe you could just build a receiver and a source for video playback. A source can be written like this https://old.phpvibe.com/how-to-write-a-web-sourcecustom-embed/
Thank you Sir,i am simple layman dont know about code. can you please Create a Section in the Forum Just for Developers,where we could request or Hire developers for custom work,because on freelancing sites its not that easy to find developers for that particular work related to Vibe.Thank you
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: HPR on can you please Create a Section in the Forum Just for Developers,where we could request or Hire developers for custom work,because on freelancing sites its not that easy to find developers for that particular work related to Vibe.Thank you

Sure, I'll do that!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Done, there is a new forum just for that.
  •  

koyameltd

Thank you so much Sam Potts!!
  •  

tweky94

Este integrat în phpvibe 11 ?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Inca nu. Dar va fi. Vreau sa scot o versiune finala curand.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: tweky94

tweky94

Quote from: Marius P. on Inca nu. Dar va fi. Vreau sa scot o versiune finala curand.
Doamne ajuta , mai adaugi și alte funcții gen short video?
Sau  ce au mai postat useri în  categoria discuții, sugestii ?
  •  

fox_mulder

More than anything I've seen here already I am curious how this impacts playlist functionality.

Will this allow playlists to autoplay?

I am surprised no one has asked about this yet. It's one of the basic functionalities of the cms. 😃
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: tweky94 on Doamne ajuta , mai adaugi și alte funcții gen short video?
Sau  ce au mai postat useri în  categoria discuții, sugestii ?

Nu stiu momentan, platforma nu mai merita timp bagat in ea de cativa ani.
As vrea sa o transform in altceva si tot ce a fost pana acum sa ramana pe Github si acolo contribuim fiecare.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: fox_mulder on More than anything I've seen here already I am curious how this impacts playlist functionality.

Will this allow playlists to autoplay?

I am surprised no one has asked about this yet. It's one of the basic functionalities of the cms. 😃

Your playlists don't autoplay? What player and what browser do you use?
  •  

fox_mulder

I did not say "My playlists don't play" I never said that.

This is a Topic about "Plyr" coming to PHPVibe.  I am staying on topic.

I am literally asking if someone uses Plyr in the future "Will this allow Playists to Autoplay?"

This topic is about "Plyr" so I thought I didn't have to mention it specifically.

My experience is that autoplay depends on the player being used and I haven't used plyr in playlists because as you said it is coming to PHPVibe. It is not yet being used.

Hope this is clear.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Ok, my bad. Take me slow, I haven't worked in english for some time now

I would not bet much on Plyr being added to the open-source version soon, but I'll try to add it.

PHPVibe is moving away from the video-sharing platform purpose it had, it's clear it's no longer something that the world needs and I'm trying to find a better, more up-to-date, angle to continue it.
  •