[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Can't access to administration

Started by shtefcs,

Previous topic - Next topic

shtefcsTopic starter

Hi guys,

I can't access to administration (/moderator) folder. It was worked fine until 10 days ago. It's stopped without touching anything.

What i tried to fix:

Renaming folder manually both in config and moderator folder
uploading new fresh files
uploading htaccss
checking permisions

I just don't know what to do anymore.

Please help

Stefan
  •  

Hecticated

•  

PHPVibe A.

Did file ownership change? Could happen on upgrades.

shtefcsTopic starter

I forgot to tell i got 404 page.

I didn't upgrade, didn't touch nothing at all, it just happened. Permissions are alright, i checked with other site where is working fine.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Doesn't sound like a code issue that I can help with. Contact your hosting.
If you access a direct file /moderator/index.php and trows 404, that means you have a bad .htaccess rule in main (no such thing by default) or your server cannot read that folder/file and it returns it as nonexistent.

shtefcsTopic starter

Hi there,

I have my own servers, not hosting. I just spoke with my server guy, he checked on what he suspect but it's fine.

He said that is not 404 file, that error i get is from script and he call it some kind of "soft 404".
http://screencast.com/t/DMeErj7Uv6

He also said if something he can do please give suggestion.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

I have no clue. I've installed it over 400 times for clients in last 2 months, never seen such behavior.
Even if you see the 404 from soft (that was obvious) it has no logic to load root/index.php when you have an physical folder there.

PHPVibe A.

I have an ideea, maybe labs.phpvibe.com is blocked on your firewall and the script gets blocked from trying to validate license key (just happened to me while testing a new firewall).

shtefcsTopic starter

•  

shtefcsTopic starter

Forgot to replay, we tried and it's not working.

I am still stuck with this problem. As I already told to Marious, we tried everything you and he suggested and everything what came to mind to me and my server guy. We copied same installation on another domain and it's working, but for some reason, this site stoped working.

I am asking from you guys to go into deep research and help me to solve this problem.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Is the other account on the same server?
There are 8 lines of code in that file, not much to research  :-\

shtefcsTopic starter

Yes man.

I have two dedicated servers and tested on both. All works fine. I installed few more sites and every is working. We just don't know what to do.

•  

PHPVibe A.

Can you test in a php file if:

<?php
function get_domain($url)
{
  $pieces = parse_url($url);
  $domain = isset($pieces['host']) ? $pieces['host'] : '';
  if (preg_match('/(?P<domain>[a-z0-9][a-z0-9\-]{1,63}\.[a-z\.]{2,6})$/i', $domain, $regs)) {
    return $regs['domain'];
  }
  return false;
}
echo get_domain('http://www.phpvibe.com/video/testing/');
?>

has any error on your host?

PHPVibe A.

Also, if you upload index.php from a moderator file as dash.php (for example) and access /moderator/dash.php , does it work?

shtefcsTopic starter

Quote from: Alexander on
Also, if you upload index.php from a moderator file as dash.php (for example) and access /moderator/dash.php , does it work?

I just tested, it's same 404.

Quote from: Alexander on
Can you test in a php file if:

<?php
function get_domain($url)
{
  $pieces = parse_url($url);
  $domain = isset($pieces['host']) ? $pieces['host'] : '';
  if (preg_match('/(?P<domain>[a-z0-9][a-z0-9\-]{1,63}\.[a-z\.]{2,6})$/i', $domain, $regs)) {
    return $regs['domain'];
  }
  return false;
}
echo get_domain('http://www.phpvibe.com/video/testing/');
?>

has any error on your host?

I didn't understand what to do with this. I should put in php file in what folder ? And to run it ? I am not developer, so when u talk about codes be more describev please.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

It doesn't matter where you put it, just to be on that account, make it a php file and execute it.

shtefcsTopic starter

•  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: shtefcs on
I got "phpvibe.com" result when i execute.

So it works. I was hoping it's that.
http://www.phpvibe.com/phpvibe-tester.zip
Can you test this also, so we can roll out license call issues?

PHPVibe A.

Ok, this is some sci-fi thing.

Basically if license works, ioncube exists and that function does not trigger an error, then there is nothing left to conflict.
I will send you the file decoded by mail, cause we are anyways changing that part 100%, to test it out.

shtefcsTopic starter

Finally man. It's working :). Tnx a lot.

Honestly, that is what my server guy asked me too, to get decoded files, I asked Marious, but he said he have some old files.

Thanks once again for going into problem deep, I knew it you gonna solve it if you really want it.

best
  •  

PHPVibe A.

That still doesn't resolve the dilemma, you just know it's ioncube issue, but it needs solving.
I've given you this because they are old, since 3.3, but in 3.5 the admin panel changes fully, and I won't be able to give you the upgrade as decoded.

shtefcsTopic starter

ok,

So do you think if I upgrade my site to 3.5v it will work ?

•  

PHPVibe A.

I've just told you it will probably not work until the issues is found and removed.