[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Multiple MP4 File uploading

Started by PHPClient,

Previous topic - Next topic

PHPClientTopic starter

Hi there Everyone!

I would like to know if and how it would be possible to upload 20 MP4 files at once to populate my Vibe site, instead of doing it the way I have been, which has been creating several User accounts and uploading individual files one-by-one.

All files are MP4 Format and are 600mb-1Gb in size.

1.  Please suggest all ideas and if there's a link to a post already created via Forum, please let me know.
     I read that someone uploaded many MP4 files to MEDIA folder and then created .csv file to organize them, but the post wasn't very
     specific with instructions.

2.  Is it possible to upload MP4 files via Admin screen and not just User Screen?

THanks!
  •  

Marius P.

Hi, no, not yet, but will build an ftp grabber with quick insert plugin (is on the next plugins list).
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

PHPClientTopic starter

Until that plug-in is tested and complete, can you comment on the link below on how to perform what client, " tkirui " was able to EASILY accomplish.

It looks like he was able to easily import 20 videos via CSV file he created

Link: http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/troubleshooting-issues/database-easy-bulk-upload/msg11322/#msg11322

1. Where in the sql database would I import the bulk information to?
2. Where in the FTP would I place the bulk upload? - Media folder?
3. Would the sequence of the CSV file be - Video URL, Title, thumbnail URL, duration, catagory, description, tags?

Thanks
  •  

Marius P.

Hi,

1. vibe_videos table
2. /media is the final destination, you can place them in any named file and glob() them, process them, insert them and move them to media after (this way is easier I assume)
3. That depends on your code, but all you need is the structure (fields) in vibe_videos table
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •