Previous topic - Next topic

fourdeltaOne

Digipath14 + fully support

please Bans system users!
  •  

matrak

•  

haydenfan

Like youtube and  Clipbucket , Please  add a  option to hide videos make videos  private , Clipbucket have also a option add password to a video or photo.

HUGE/BIG FAN  OF HAYDEN PANETTIERE :)

Linux VPS server
Intel  Xeon 8 core
25 GB ram
10 TB HD
100 GB Internet connection
  •  

haydenfan

And only can make changes edit my site on a computer on mobile device it not can , admin panel not work good on mobile devices. !
HUGE/BIG FAN  OF HAYDEN PANETTIERE :)

Linux VPS server
Intel  Xeon 8 core
25 GB ram
10 TB HD
100 GB Internet connection
  •  

identicalmedia

Please Split Music , Video, Images , like other script

in phpvibe music, video images are seen as video

please split it
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: identicalmedia on
Please Split Music , Video, Images , like other script

in phpvibe music, video images are seen as video

please split it

How about we remove them?
I haven't seen much use for them around on the PHPVibe based websites.

ollipaust

hi

it would be nice if "currently processed videos" are not shown in any list - except "my media" - until its converted
  •  

TheBritain

Quote from: shtefcs on
Plugin and theme architecture is the most important thing there which are missing. If you allow developers to make their own plugins, then the features become unlimited, and you will have more time for other things.

I still can't believe that you still didn't create easy theme changer. How that didn't came to your mind ? Instead you are waiting for 100 users to tell you that is needed ?

I completely disagree and here is why.

I've worked with many CMS systems over the last few years.
- Oxwall
- PHPFox
- Wordpress
- Joomla
- Drupal
- Ect, ect, ect.

My number one main complaint, every single time, is how these databases are built for the common masses looking to "setup their very own Facebook in only 3 clicks! Choose from 3000+ themes for your convenience!"

This is great if you want a website built out of plugins and premade themes, but terrible if you need a solid and readable framework. I've heard a million excuses as to why a plugin based setup is sooooo much better, but it's not. It takes five times as long to develop a website and you leave gaping security holes everywhere if you lack just the smallest amount of structuring knowledge. I've learned all of this the hard way.

It was a very refreshing experience when I found this package, because I was able to start modifying the core code right away. It was plain text, and not muddled with code designed to clean out your pocketbooks with plugins (I'm looking at you Social Engine.)

My suggestion.

There are allot of needed features such as email verification, and better user end video management. However, I can create most of that myself. I would rather see you focus your energy towards a more stable and reliable conversion engine, and tightening up the code to further reduce server load. I really don't want to see this turn into another PHPFox, riddled with features I will never use and a theming/plugin system designed to confuse me into buying help.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

If we build a plugin system it will be as simple as WP alike (without reading it every time).
Array of active plugins in one global setting, read the main .php file of the plugin, apply the plugin by a shortcode.
We won't turn the cms in Joomla.
As for improving speed, it's our main focus right now.

identicalmedia

Quote from: Alexander on
How about we remove them?
I haven't seen much use for them around on the PHPVibe based websites.

dont remove them, am using them on my sites
  •  

boxboy

hello can you tell me when the new version will be available ? and she will include new design ?
thanks in advance
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: boxboy on
hello can you tell me when the new version will be available ? and she will include new design ?
thanks in advance

Hi, not this summer, sometime after.
No design change is planned.
This summer we will release an upgrade for the admin panel and jplayer.

TheBritain

Hi, not this summer, sometime after.
No design change is planned.
This summer we will release an upgrade for the admin panel and jplayer.

I hold off on adding user annotations then. Thanks for the heads up.
  •  

Digipath14

1. Allow characters in the password selection. If you select a standard strong password with characters like [98Fd3%$##%#], it will just refresh and says you don't have the right password. So if you select this, you can never get in. They don't know why. If it does not allow characters, it should tell you.

2. Email verification - I have signed up myself to test becoming a new members and there was no notice to be verified by email. This helps stop spam/fake accounts to some extent.

3. Allowing no linking (users) - This one could lead to a shit-ton of fake spammer accounts being created in auto programs like Ultimate Demon and GSA in order to pass link juice. I went in as a user from an account I created and uploaded a video. I then placed coding in the video text description for a link which could have easily been a do-follow link. I need a way to not allow html codes (hyperlinks, etc) in the video description text.

4. Hover notice for hidden menu - When a visitor is on a page, if they want to join, it's hard to see where at first. You have to click on the "Visitor" avatar at the top to show the hidden menu drop down. It would be nice if when you pass over the avatar, it showed a notice about this hidden menu with a call-to-action. Also when you are logged in, same goes here with your avatar. There is the hidden menu to upload, etc.
  •  

x8smile

friendly URL for non english character.
  •  

TheBritain

I'd like to also request, if email verification is being worked on, to add two more simple features to the verification.

1. An array of trusted email providers. People will malicious intent will use a self deleting email service, or one of their own. This will cut down on spam, because trusted providers such as GMail go through great lengths to cut down on chaff accounts.

2. An option added to the options list; a limit number on how many accounts can come from the same IP. This should never be used to restrict member accounts, because IPs change, but rather be set to a highish amount like 5. So if a spambot does get past the trusted email provider list, the captcha, and other anti-spam/attack measures, the most accounts they could create on one IP is 5 (or whatever number the customer sets).
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: TheBritain on
I hold off on adding user annotations then. Thanks for the heads up.

you wait for JPlayer? It will come faster than 3.7

syrus

Quote from: leo on
Hey guys,

It would be great to have an option to use CDN for images/videos eg. Amazon AWS. Is it possible right now to use this? I just checked webtestpage.org for my site at enku.tv and it really slow in terms of picking up requests.

I would have to agree with what leo said, we really need to be able to use amazon cdn/s3. This is the reason im not using my php vibe solution at the moment. How can you not have a cdn for a video site that allow people to upload videos. Also, the script needs more themes, the ability to change themes. You have a excellent script this is why I purchased it. Actually the best script and believe me i know. I have purchased and used many scripts such as phpfox, melody, Ktools, cms account, jamroom and many more. You script is better then all of these for video, it just that i have to use wordpress right now cause without a cdn and a different theme, it wont work for me. Preferably youtube features is awesome, but i dont want my site to look like youtube or facebook. Thanks for listening and this is just my opinion and im not trying to be mean of offend anyone in any kind of way. Ijust really love the script and would like to use it for my projects, so this is why i spoke up, i dont normally speak in forums.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Ok, let me elaborate on the CDN discussion off PHPVibe
First: before choosing a CDN you need to be aware of several stuff http://www.sitepoint.com/7-reasons-not-to-use-a-cdn/
Second: I'm not sure what you gain by putting the files to a cdn, for example in a video sitemap, this will go pretty bad with Google's new policies.

I have a 4 Tb on my dedicated server, and since 2 years I'm only using 1.2 Tb.
You can find Tb-dedicated-ssd servers this days, yes, they are expensive, but you are fully in control.

Just my opinion.

Getting back to PHPVibe, yes, we are looking into this, but it seems every cdn is so different, and for now we where not able to make much progress on planning this, specially since none of us use cdn for their private sites, but we are still documenting.

ajitsingh

Don't know what you guys think, but move to Laravel PHP framework & AngularJS..
So things get more Stable and smooth..
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: ajitsingh on
Don't know what you guys think, but move to Laravel PHP framework & AngularJS..
So things get more Stable and smooth..

It's not that simple to change the framework, and every time we upgrade we get 1000 mails from people complaining they have custom changes.

x5000x

1. Multi-server support.
2. Multi-server support.
3. Multi-server support.
  •  

ajitsingh

It's not that simple to change the framework, and every time we upgrade we get 1000 mails from people complaining they have custom changes.

i am saying because you guys can build things much faster and error free, if possible test out...
  •  

YehudaBitton

Add the option to upload video file via iPhone, iPad file with .MOV.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: YehudaBitton on
Add the option to upload video file via iPhone, iPad file with .MOV.

Did you add .mov to allowed extensions in admin and it did not work?