[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Building PHPVibe v5

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

fayez

•  

TigerClaw

They posted on the facebook page that development is going on and a new release is target for February. It would have been better to post it also on the forum. I understand support has been cut down to make space for development (which is fine for me!) but it would be nice to get announcement here.
  •  

yafe3

PHPVibe feeling excited.
January 23 at 7:49am · Bucharest, Romania ·
I have a news for all off you: Two days ago it was decided that the version 4.3 and all 4.x will be skipped since coding on the new upgrade went far from a bootstrap3 & js update.
So what's comming is PHPVibe 5 directly sometime in February.
Spoiler alert: You will no longer see the same uni designs for video, images and music, blocks & pages.
More spoilers: The images component will be inspired by We Heart it & Pinterest.
Off all the 3 sections (video, image, music) you can now close down any and turn PHPVibe into a single niche website.
Profiles have turned to channels.
Much more...
https://www.facebook.com/vibe.marketing/posts/1258764867473425
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Hi, just making a fast drop to collect all this.
I'm almost done with everything, being working slower since budget did not allow hiring help on this one.
Some old chinese guy work with all this js/css changes, but slowly coming to an end.

I'm also trying to find a way to give support, but for now the Vibe income is very low since mid-2015...hopefully v5 will bring more clients.
As for some rumours I'm hearing about closing down : HELL NO!!!

Please post any more ideas you have. I'll be done in the next 2 weeks with my ideas, will see what else I can squeeze in.

Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

TigerClaw

Thanks for the update Mario! I'm so happy!  O0

Some more suggestions:

1) Please take a look about the 500 server error that plague the last version of PhpVibe (never had this problem with previous versions). It happens very often in the homepage and less often in the single video pages. There are already some threads about it on the forum pointing to some Facebook hooks. I'm trying to catch some logs to post but I can't find anything from MariaDB logs and/or Apache.

2) Please do not forget the DB performance, including optimization of the queries and DB indexes. To keep up with traffic I tune the DB often with new indexes as soon as I found slow downs. Recently I changed the storage engine and optimized the column format but it would be so good if PhpVibe would already be optimized from scratch.

3) Would be nice to implement the possibility to divide uploads by date or user ID. Big directory indexes do not work well and have 20k+ files in one directory it is not good for performances. Thanks to Alexander I managed to implement this but you could do it way better and I would not have to fix it every time there is an upgrade :)

4) About support maybe you can limit it to the Bug report Forum? Just an idea.

5) I personally do not agree with developing a "multi server" version of PhpVibe. Everything can be done server side without losing time developing it in PHP. The results would be also way slower than a native server side solution.

Thanks for the update!
  •  

yafe3

Hi mario  we are RTL customers please we arabs need an automated switch from LTR to RTL if the member have English language he will get LTR view if he switch to Arabic or Pakistani language or farsi or jew or any RTL language  the theme switch automatically to RTL  like youtube and facebook and dailymotion and all modern scripts have this as a must please thanks ... we are a lot of arab RTL customers we need you to have this for us .thanks
i been waiting for this since a long time i get a lot of visitors spending money on advertisement but my visitors over 60% they don't come back because they are not use to LTR theme.and also the multi video quality option please that i mentioned above
  •  

haydenfan

Please , add show IP of users ,  and add ban the  IP of users. only for the admin user.

Make article available  for users  , maybe  change it to blog.

HUGE/BIG FAN  OF HAYDEN PANETTIERE :)

Linux VPS server
Intel  Xeon 8 core
25 GB ram
10 TB HD
100 GB Internet connection
  •  

lucaphuoc

Hi Mario! If you can do for these plugins, you can sell for a lot of people.. Because it will elevate the professionalism of PHPVibe CMS:
1. Paid Subscription Module
2. MultiServer
3. ELearning
  •  

yafe3

Quote from: lucaphuoc on
Hi Mario! If you can do for these plugins, you can sell for a lot of people.. Because it will elevate the professionalism of PHPVibe CMS:
1. Paid Subscription Module
2. MultiServer
3. ELearning

true i will buy  them even if they cost 100 each
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: TigerClaw on
5) I personally do not agree with developing a "multi server" version of PhpVibe. Everything can be done server side without losing time developing it in PHP. The results would be also way slower than a native server side solution.

Thanks for the update!

You are so right with this, but they want the less good solution as if it's cake.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: TigerClaw on
Thanks for the update Mario! I'm so happy!  O0

Some more suggestions:

1) Please take a look about the 500 server error that plague the last version of PhpVibe (never had this problem with previous versions). It happens very often in the homepage and less often in the single video pages. There are already some threads about it on the forum pointing to some Facebook hooks. I'm trying to catch some logs to post but I can't find anything from MariaDB logs and/or Apache.

The only thing that comes in mind is that full cache engine http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/206/500-internal-server-error/msg29198/#msg29198
  •  

DeadFish

Should add the ability to put playlist or channel posters on the front page. On top of the Scroll through channel sliders. Basically if you wanted to host your Top10 or 60+ Channels or playlists. They can be featured as a Poster and not just through sliders.
  •  

DeadFish

Quote from: @Mario on
Hi, just making a fast drop to collect all this.
I'm almost done with everything, being working slower since budget did not allow hiring help on this one.
Some old chinese guy work with all this js/css changes, but slowly coming to an end.

I'm also trying to find a way to give support, but for now the Vibe income is very low since mid-2015...hopefully v5 will bring more clients.
As for some rumours I'm hearing about closing down : HELL NO!!!

Please post any more ideas you have. I'll be done in the next 2 weeks with my ideas, will see what else I can squeeze in.

Should add the ability to put playlist or channel posters on the front page. On top of the Scroll through channel sliders. Basically if you wanted to host your Top10 or 60+ Channels or playlists. They can be featured as a Poster and not just through sliders.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

@DeadFish the playlist & channel (user) blocks for the homepage are already done.
  •  

DeadFish

Basically you have a poster feature setup. Where you can link to a series from off the homepage using a Poster of that series. Kind of like http://momomesh.com/tvshows/ but in your own design of course. Would be nice if you re-did or did this way playlists and channels are handled or designed in this newer version. Not like http://momomesh.com/tvshows/sherlock-2010/. Yet in your own design concept of doing it. This way it looks modern and not dated as the current concept for the playlist and channel features. It just seems it would be a lot more organized and more appealing to look at. Just a suggestion, and thanks for responding back so promptly.

•  

yafe3

its great to have a DCMA form like this i leave it for you where you place it under video report or footer
ex:
http://videomega.tv/index_dmcacomplaint.php
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: yafe3 on
its great to have a DCMA form like this i leave it for you where you place it under video report or footer
ex:
http://videomega.tv/index_dmcacomplaint.php

Any free contact form will serve your purpose.
  •  

HPR

Hello Mario Sir! kindly include following in the new version
1. Dailymotion Importer
2. MultiServer
3. whatsapp button
4. video playable on facebook E.g. youtube (ssl support)
5  social-networks-auto-poster

Thank you
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: HPR on
Hello Mario Sir! kindly include following in the new version
1. Dailymotion Importer
2. MultiServer
3. whatsapp button
4. video playable on facebook E.g. youtube (ssl support)
5  social-networks-auto-poster

Thank you

Hi, this is not a suggestions forum. It's pre-sales.
Please keep the forums and threads on topic.
  •  

cyonx

Hello Mario, so i bought the phpvibe license when it was still v3, i never actually used the script, i am still waiting for a good version and theme.
I am hoping that V5 will have everything that i was counting for on v4. Anyway, can you give me some ideas on whats coming on new v5?
And will i have to buy an upgrade? thank you..
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: cyonx on
Hello Mario, so i bought the phpvibe license when it was still v3, i never actually used the script, i am still waiting for a good version and theme.
I am hoping that V5 will have everything that i was counting for on v4. Anyway, can you give me some ideas on whats coming on new v5?
And will i have to buy an upgrade? thank you..

Hi! For now what's coming from v5 is kept a secret. We don't want so many discussions as always.
As for the theme, is the same, just based on bootstrap3 and with newer js libraries.
There was no discussion yet on if it's a free upgrade or not for clients older than 2015, we will decide this once the product is ready.
  •  

wolftbpg

poderia ser grátuito para quem ja havia comprado.
  •  

giovanni

hello Super Mario We need your help many of us cant right on playlist description only on administration, I just notice when 8 of my members were bitching  at me, can you please help me so I can also spread this fix for everybody that is having this issue please sir, I know its not your falut, You came in to clean up this mess lol, We All appreciate you man !!!!!!!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: giovanni on
hello Super Mario We need your help many of us cant right on playlist description only on administration, I just notice when 8 of my members were bitching  at me, can you please help me so I can also spread this fix for everybody that is having this issue please sir, I know its not your falut, You came in to clean up this mess lol, We All appreciate you man !!!!!!!

Stop spamming the forum or I'll ban you. You have 5 posts on same thing. One is enough

http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/206/playlist-description-problems-cant-write-on-playlist-description/msg29335/#msg29335
  •