[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Building PHPVibe v5

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

Marius P.Topic starter

I think I got the number right.  :)

Hi guys, I haven't been around lately but since now I'm here I wanna leave a mark.
Hopefully this time you'll like my work as before.

I'm not really happy with what this boys have done, thus the breakage that happen between us.

I'll start by reworking the default theme, some stuff needs to be updated, and honestly those js file are so mixed I can't even figure them out.
Time for something less and clear.
I've already picked and brought the design framework based on bootstrap 3 I wish to implement (attached).

Besides that I'll change a bit the admin panel, seems it's pretty hard to use as the boys imagined it. I want it to be more easier to customize when it comes to shortcuts and more arranged. Implement a login directly in the admin panel.

I'll check this players, update them to newest versions.

Check that "fully private videos" suggestions you guys made and some others which I've bookmarked from the forum (please feel free to link me here to other suggestions you've made).
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

More ui ( 4 attachments limit on this forum)
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

More ui ( 4 attachments limit on this forum)
  •  

wolftbpg

será uma atualização ou um novo phpvibe mario?
  •  

leen12

nice mario thanks for the info and the effort.

i was having a few issues with the way the admin panel is layed out and the options in it etcc. its hard to moderate videos yourself aswell maybe mess about with admin media a bit and see if you can make it easier to get around please. thanks like when searching in admin panel for videos add dropdows for category and stuff ?
http://hip-hop99.com best hip hop music website
http://social-nuke.com free facebook likes and shares
https://wppluginscheap.com Wordpress plugins and themes cheap
  •  

max18121980

I do not believe my eyes. This is the best news is that only you can see !!!

I only have a couple of questions:
1. Approximate date of release 5.3
2. Some of the files I changed to suit my needs (added functionality). Is it possible to continue in the new version?
  •  

yafe3

Great news im happy to hear this ill give a short feed back I tried many script most of them are nice and good but finally I liked phpvibe  in general its the best  the only things that make me hate phpvibe sometimes is the lacking of some easy and small important features brothers im not blaming on you im just trying to give a honest feed back tbis will help you think better some important features like email registration verification ...
And one of the most important thing is group permission you can base it on 3 different things lets say if a member have 1000 views he can upload 200mb files this will be set from admin panel as the admin want or the member is older than 6 months or 1 year or what ever the admin want he can set it from the admin cp so based on the number fof views or the account age or the video uploaded or the comments he made the admin can set a file limit for each group
Let say admin created a groups 1trusted members 2-new members 3-what ever members based on group he can set file limitation for each group
  •  

theprocss

Hi Mario ,

Security issues: http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/troubleshooting-issues/bug-vulnerabilities-security/msg27892/#msg27892
Big Fail: http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/troubleshooting-issues/big-fail-on-imagesbrowse-(18)/msg28009/#msg28009

and an important thing
I have 3 servers. each one has 2TB
but can only use one server for phpvibe.
It was good we can put more servers connected to the same phpvibe.
  •  

viveo

•  

lucaphuoc

•  

max18121980

1. Need contact form
2. Correctly mobile view
3. Separate player for music (mp3), not as it is now like video (large)
  •  

haydenfan

Great!!, private video  will be awesome:)

Please a better theme I don't like the theme of Phpvibe 4.0 , also the animation wen the site load not like that. Just loaded site. Whiteout animation

A option to hide admin channel On the site.

New player that can AutoPlay playlist music on mobile devices.

And photo. Albums
HUGE/BIG FAN  OF HAYDEN PANETTIERE :)

Linux VPS server
Intel  Xeon 8 core
25 GB ram
10 TB HD
100 GB Internet connection
  •  

SoundPiff

Mario I was wondering if this patch will allow us to auto play playlists for jwplayer 6. the coding in class.providers.php confuses me. Hope to see the new bootstrap 3 implamented thou thats long time coming. And also the add to report and emmbed images disappear with ad block on can you check into that also. Thanks SoundPIFF

tritoli

@Mario, @Alexander can you please make a verified badge that we can verify some of our user from the mod panel. And after that the verified badge will show near to their names??

Hope you can do this
  •  

elitepromo

@mario For me the navigation in the previous PHPVibes are not so great. There is a separation of media, eg.
1 when watching a video the related items are only videos and
2 when viewing an image the related items are only images,
it would be great if related items can either be videos or images regardless of what you are viewing.
  •  

videonavy

Also consider resolving video thumbnail issue. The current version is having some issues with video thumbnail generation.
  •  

arpit

@Mario Awesome .....
And yes please work on related videos they should move just like in YouTube right now they are just static 
  •  

haydenfan

And add  multiserver  that will be great.
HUGE/BIG FAN  OF HAYDEN PANETTIERE :)

Linux VPS server
Intel  Xeon 8 core
25 GB ram
10 TB HD
100 GB Internet connection
  •  

videonavy

Make it possible to enable/disable Ads instead of deleting option only.
  •  

TigerClaw

Fantastic News! Welcome Back!

About the improvements I would like the team to focus on performance, security and compatibility with different browsers/platforms.

Yes you can add cool functions but at the end of the day what it counts is to serve videos fast and to everyone. I strongly suggest the team to focus on this before adding new functions:

1) Improve the DB queries. Thanks to caching PHPVibe is now fast for visitors but not for logged in users. Once you have 100+ logged in users at all time queries slow down everything.

2) Test InnoDB as the default DB engine.

3) Implement a manual refresh of the homepage cache. If the homepage generation fail a blank cached page is kept until expiration. There are no easy ways to force the regeneration of the homepage apart from deleting all cache files in /full

4) Do a security audit of the code

5) Take a look at the key verification issue

6) Avoid any animation in the admin panel. I'm there to work and not to play :)

7) Test the video pages in different browsers/platforms.

8) Put layouts on a diet avoiding to load unnecessary scripts. I would actually propose to make a extreme light layout for people like me who want only the basic functions.

9) Do stress tests

Thank you for your work!
  •  

yafe3

Quote from: haydenfan on
And add  multiserver  that will be great.
im waiting for this too
  •  

videonavy

Add "Bad Words" function in YouTube autoimporter. For instance, I may configure the importer to ignore videos with certain words in the title or description.
  •  

wolftbpg

quando sera lançado mario o novo phpvibe?
  •  

max18121980

In v.5.3 need forum!

And download button for mp3
  •