[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Facebook Thumbs!

Started by agente,

Previous topic - Next topic

agenteTopic starter

For people doing business with video is VERY important to have BIG preview on FB. Problem can be fixed with bigger thumbs to show on og:image instead youtube default.
Do you have an official fix for that? We love phpvibe but without BIG preview on FB we cannot use.. I think that problem is BIG problem for everyone now that FB is so important for traffic.

Thank you!
  •  

agenteTopic starter

The problem is that PHPVIBE import mqdefault.jpg og:image that is "medium" quality. High quality is hqdefault.jpg... and works good with fb! Change this and you have big preview.

Where can i change og import in html code? Thank you.
  •  

agenteTopic starter

found! edit: PHPVibe Pro 3.6\lib\class.providers.php line 423 -> $img = 'http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/'; . $videoId . '/mqdefault.jpg';
  •  

Marius P.

Hi,
you are correct.
But take in consideration your are loading hq images in every video loop in your site, this is bad for your website's load.

May I suggest something?
Reverse the change and do this in tpl.globals.php:

<meta property="og:image" content="'.thumb_fix($video->thumb).'" />

changed to

<meta property="og:image" content="'.thumb_fix(str_replace("mqdefault.jpg","hqdefault.jpg",$video->thumb)).'" />
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

agenteTopic starter

Hi, thanks a lot it's a good idea!
I realize that hqdefault is not enough for facebook standard (for better preview visualization) and we need maxresdefault.jpg but some videos not in HD res don't have. Is planned to do a video thumbs plugin for phpvibe that do thumbs itself for max customization?
  •  

Marius P.

But PHPVibe has nothing to do with Youtube's thumbs available.
You can easily make it extra bigger thumbs for your uploaded videos, but for Youtube...I don't see how.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •