[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Home page says "No homeblocks defined by administrator"

Started by pumbany,

Previous topic - Next topic

pumbanyTopic starter

On the home page of http://challengetornado DOT com/ it displays NO videos and says the following:

"No  homeblocks defined by administrator"

Do you know how I can get rid of this No homeblocks wording and how I can display videos on the home page?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

ollipaust

hi

go to the adminpanel > homepagebuilder > create homeblock
  •  

x8smile

After running a couple of cron job my site now showing: "No  homeblocks defined by administrator"  and I can't even go to my ACP. How can i fix it ?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

How did you broke it? Crons have nothing to do with homepage or config.

x8smile

I had no idea but my site now showing nothing and I can't login to ACP.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Have you contacted your hosting? PHP scripts don't just change...

x8smile

•  

PHPVibe A.

Then it's overloading the sql and it returns a blank result for the boxes query.

x8smile

how do I fix and make it not overload ? or should i avoid run cron job?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Abraham

The same problem, my site is new and i'm reinstall it. But it's haven't traffic, and server is powerful.
  •  

x8smile

My site now keep showing this even when I'm not running cron from Cpanel
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: Abraham on
The same problem, my site is new and i'm reinstall it. But it's haven't traffic, and server is powerful.

Do you have any blocks defined in Admin -> Homepage Builder

PHPVibe A.

x8smile

ok thanks, will try this. Did you have a look at my jwplayer 6 and easy player problem?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: x8smile on
ok thanks, will try this. Did you have a look at my jwplayer 6 and easy player problem?

Now.

You are missing some files. They didn't get uploaded.

/lib/players/jwplayer/player.swf

x8smile

•  

PHPVibe A.

There is in PHPVibe, it's not in your setup.

sure there is an swf in jwplayer 6, it's a html5 player with flash fallback built on top of the flash player.

Abraham

Quote from: Alexander on
Do you have any blocks defined in Admin -> Homepage Builder
Yes, I have. My cron job been set once at 5 minits, may be this is problem?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Why make so many empty requests? The Youtube lists is updating once 4-6h tops, depending on the list, some crons (for feeds) should trigger once a day.
If you make the request and it's empty for you (no new videos), it still goes to be processed, every video called and compared to your database, so it's not an light process at all.

But crons should have nothing to do with homepage, the only connection I can find is running and overloading crons may crash your database (which you can check and fix via phpmyadmin).

Abraham

I mean videocron.php from panel, how often set it? Crone.php is not changed.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

videocron.php should run every 10-20 minutes, so people don't wait more for their videos to go live.

x8smile

After doing the database repair and optimize the site still showing no homeblocks defined by administrator. For the player there is a swf file in the folder. In some video the player showing problem and most of the video the player is working fine.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

It could be because the videos are bad, or got broken.

Send me your login, how much you bet you have no blocks or you have pre-upgrade blocks that are not rebuilt?

juanda

Hi,

I had the same problem with empty homepage and message  "No homeblocks definde by administrator" in the home page.

The problem was during an updating process from 3.3, 3.4 to 3.6, there is a field in the database table vibe_homepage that before was called "ord" and changed by "order",  fixing this I resolved the problem in himeopage blocks

•  

x8smile

Can you explain clearly how to solved this problem please? Thanks
  •  

juanda

In my case I fixed changing the file home.php,
in line 7 at the end you will see: ORDER BY `order`,`id` ASC");
I changed order by ord, like this:  ORDER BY `ord`,`id` ASC");  , with this change I fixed the problem, I dont know this is the same issue than yours.

thanks
  •  

PHPVibe A.