[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Import latest video from Youtube using Channel ID

Started by ahmadh456,

Previous topic - Next topic

ahmadh456Topic starter

Hello everyone...how can I import the latest video from a Youtube channel using the channel ID?

From what I've read, imports from Channels and Playlists do not work at the moment. I've tried importing by filling in the following info: Search Videos - Order by Date - No Safe Search - Don't grab all returned results - Don't allow already existing videos - Restrict video results to channel id

The problem with this is that it returns videos from the channel based on what "term to search" I've entered. So if I enter "test", it will only list videos with the word "test" in the channel. I don't want that. I just want it to list all videos from the channel and then sort it by the latest first so that I can import daily. Any idea how I can do this? Thanks!
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Hi,

the channel and playlists don't work in CRONS, they work fine in the importer.

ahmadh456Topic starter

Do you know if that will eventually get fixed or know of a work around for now? Thanks for your quick response!
  •  

PHPVibe A.

The cron will be updated this days. But you can import an channel id in the importer in the admin.

lienkhuong

•  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: lienkhuong on
can't import channel or channel name

Quote from: Alexander on
Hi,

the channel and playlists don't work in CRONS, they work fine in the importer.

videonavy

•  

major48

I am not able to get the importer to work with channels. I have created the api and everything just after I enter the channel name and choose the settings and press import I am taken to a white page with the channel name and description but nothing happens
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: videonavy on
When will the issue of CRON import be resolved?

Was done  :confused: there is an upgrades topic in announcements.

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: major48 on
I am not able to get the importer to work with channels. I have created the api and everything just after I enter the channel name and choose the settings and press import I am taken to a white page with the channel name and description but nothing happens

Does search work? Did you try several channels? What is the actual error returned?
You guys keep hopping that I can guess anything like I'm God or something ;D

videonavy

Quote from: Alexander on
Was done  :confused: there is an upgrades topic in announcements.

There are several announcements. Could you please point out the specific one? Thank you.
  •  

major48

Oh I found the problem. The channel that I was importing does not allow embeds so the script didnt get the video. When I tried a different channel it worked. Also it would be nice if there was a option to import the videos and post them on your site on the dates they were posted on youtube.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: major48 on
Oh I found the problem. The channel that I was importing does not allow embeds so the script didnt get the video. When I tried a different channel it worked. Also it would be nice if there was a option to import the videos and post them on your site on the dates they were posted on youtube.

You can do this modification yourself, I honestly don't see it usefull, but the code is open, it can be modified as needed by every end-client.