[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Issue With Image sizes

Started by w4q45,

Previous topic - Next topic

w4q45Topic starter

When i see my website www.pashtobuzz.com in mobile the video thumnails look fine for video i share from daily motion and youtube but custom thumnail look in square i tried to upload them in proper ratio but still they dont get in shap. can you tell me how can i fix. images dont get reszied properly. check this video thumbnail is custom one in proper 16:9 ratio check how it looks on website. cropped from middle. while it should be resized then cropped if necessary
  •  

Marius P.

Hi! You need to change the values for size under (admin) Configuration -> Video thumbs (list images) , check which ones fit you best.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

ronyhage

Quote from: @Mario on
Hi! You need to change the values for size under (admin) Configuration -> Video thumbs (list images) , check which ones fit you best.

Hi Mario, this is not working for me, whatever value I put there, it stays the same even after cleaning cache
  •  

PHPVibe A.

You need to install 3.5 fresh and upload the database and /media / uploads from the old install, you have an bad upgrade there, there is no point to keep writing 1.000.000 support threads.

ronyhage

Quote from: Alexander on
You need to install 3.5 fresh and upload the database and /media / uploads from the old install, you have an bad upgrade there, there is no point to keep writing 1.000.000 support threads.

but I did the exact steps for the upgrade to 3.5 and I kept the old files. I had a bad upgrade but now the site is working fine except for 2 issues, the favicon and the thumbnail. so how can I solve them?

Sorry btw, I am still in the learning curve as I am a non coder and don't understand anything of these technical words to the point I did not know how to execute 4up5.php but when I found it, it was the easiest thing. So I am still finding out some stuff :) just need you guys to keep the support :)

On the other hand, if you realized I am using a language that non coders understand in the subject of my threads (easy english basically), for your own good. Don't you want to expand your exposure? and have your form answering questions to the non coders? so I want the non coders to understand as well as I love your script and would recommend it ;)
  •  

PHPVibe A.

As long as cache/images is writeable and timthumb is working, it's just an matter of changing the size in admin, it would be an good idea to remove the old cached images from cache/images before expecting changes.

ronyhage

As long as cache/images is writeable and timthumb is working, it's just an matter of changing the size in admin, it would be an good idea to remove the old cached images from cache/images before expecting changes.

ok in my root, there is only cache/thumb I dont have the file images. in thumb all are .txt

You think if I change from admin, clean cache in moderator, then clean cache in browser it should work? or it as nothing to do with it?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

That's it, /thumb, sorry.
The .txt file are cache files for images, you have to manually delete them, make sure the folder is chmod writeable as well.

ronyhage

The .txt file are cache files for images, you have to manually delete them, make sure the folder is chmod writeable as well.

So I only delete manually the .txt files right?

What do you mean my chmod writable? where can I find this folder and how can I know if its writable?

Thanks
  •  

ronyhage

the permissions are adfrw (0600), does that mean the chmod is writable?
  •  

ronyhage

ok I got it, it is writable.

I deleted all images manually.
  •  

ronyhage

I deleted all .txt but when I visited the file again, I saw the .txt files again. and I tried changing the height in the admin, but it still did not work.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Let's go trough this again, maybe you talk about other images.
The images you can control ratio/size are the locally uploaded ones, not youtube, vimeo, etc, which are linked from their sites.

ronyhage

Let's go trough this again, maybe you talk about other images.
The images you can control ratio/size are the locally uploaded ones, not youtube, vimeo, etc, which are linked from their sites.

I attached a pic to let you know what I am talking about
  •  

PHPVibe A.

You could have explained that, it's over-discussed in the forum. Those came like this from Youtube.
We did an small change in upcoming 3.6, the images will be clearer, but unfortunately bigger.

ronyhage

Hi, I upgraded to 3.6 but still have the same issue. www.doodeo.com

if imported from youtube then empty space from the top will show, if imported from vimeo then empty space on the right side will show.

any suggestions?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Are those imported with 3.6?

Cause :

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/Yb-OYmHVchQ/0.jpg

should be

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/Yb-OYmHVchQ/mqdefault.jpg

if it's imported on 3.6

If they are previously imported, not much you can do about it.

PHPVibe A.

Except maybe run in phpmyadmin

UPDATE vibe_videos
SET thumb = REPLACE(thumb, '/0.jpg', '/mqdefault.jpg')
WHERE thumb LIKE '%/0.jpg'

Warning: not all youtube videos have this mqdefault field which is new in Youtube.

ronyhage

Except maybe run in phpmyadmin

UPDATE vibe_videos

Warning: not all youtube videos have this mqdefault field which is new in Youtube.

Finally when I run the code most of the videos worked even the ones imported in 3.5

The only videos that did not get effected are the videos imported from Vimeo, and I have some videos from vimeo that were imported on 3.6 but still have the issue of an empty right space.

www.doodeo.com
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Vimeo thumbnails are linked from Vimeo, not re-sized by PHPVibe or stored.

ronyhage

Vimeo thumbnails are linked from Vimeo, not re-sized by PHPVibe or stored.

Alright so I understand that there is no solution for vimeo videos.

a video got added today from youtube, but the space from above still showed on new added videos.

Do I have to put your code that you have me above every single time to fix it? www.doodeo.com you can see the difference between the videos when I run your code and the new video that got added today.
  •  

ronyhage

•  

PHPVibe A.

In the new thumb format NOT all thumbs are perfect, but there are more good than in the old.

ronyhage

I am running SQL with this code: UPDATE vibe_videos

everytime a video is added to fix the thumbnail, I wanted to ask is there an easier way where this can happen automatically. Cause every time a video is added I am running this code on SQL.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Upgrade to 3.6 or modify the lib/class.providers.php with the one from 3.6