[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Mobile view template incorrect

Started by major48,

Previous topic - Next topic

major48Topic starter

When you are viewing the site from a mobile device the upload button is on top of the Logo.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

major48Topic starter

•  

identicalmedia

•  

grantj21

•  

j9uddin

Me too. It is definitely a viewport configuration error. Hope someone can provide the right code for this.
  •  

major48Topic starter

Vimeo videos are also cut in half so you can't play them because the button is hidden.
  •  

j9uddin

Try setting everything to the jw player. It works for me now but the video player frame is too big. But the whole video is showing now.
  •  

major48Topic starter

Quote from: j9uddin on
Try setting everything to the jw player. It works for me now but the video player frame is too big. But the whole video is showing now.

Mine has always been set for JWplayer. That does not fix the issue.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Well patch the mobile view, remove the desktop header fully and replace it with an dedicated one.
Vimeo player is not jwplayer supported and it's not responsive, will try to force it.

j9uddin

@major48 I set everything to the jwplayer and then cleaned the cache. Please check the screenshots, is that what you are after?
  •  

major48Topic starter

mine was always fine on YouTube videos. Vimeo is the problem videos
  •  

Marius P.

I assume Vimeo did some changes and the responsive css trick is no longer working for them, will check and find a solution, right now buried in support mails.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

major48Topic starter

Quote from: @Mario on
I assume Vimeo did some changes and the responsive css trick is no longer working for them, will check and find a solution, right now buried in support mails.

Ok and please don't forget the original issue the post was about which is the upload button being on top of the logo in mobile view.
  •  

Marius P.

Alex did say Patch I will replace fully the mobile header.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

major48Topic starter

I just wanted to ad a not to this. If you hold your mobile device in the horizontal/landscape position before you actually go to the video everything is fine but if you try to go landscape after you are on the video page your have to refresh it.
  •  

j9uddin

Yea there are a lot of issues with the responsive side. The sidebar is the sidebar on the desktop I figured. The profile banner shows the desktop banner and lanscape shows desktop view also.

There are issues on other browsers aswel.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

We will fix as much as we can in this patch, also release a simple dedicated mobile version as pug-in.
It's pretty hard to make it fully responsive with no issues on every device via css only, because it has a lot of visual elements.

j9uddin

Your right. Every time I fix one thing, another thing goes out of place. That mobile plugin would be awesome Alex thanks!
  •  

PHPVibe A.

We are aware to that that is the only solution that can work.
Simple layout, offcanvas menu, easy mobile browsing, mobile players, and everybody will be happy.

j9uddin

It's just ideal. According to my Analytics, the unique visitors are showing 60% mobile and 40% desktop. So that's more than the desktop site. Its a shame that not many people stay on the site long enough because of all the errors but hope we can get that fixed soon :)

You also have to understand that the responsive view doesn't work with all browsers, only chrome for me.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

What device? For me it works on android native and forefox as well on Galaxy S3/S4.

major48Topic starter

Quote from: Alexander on
What device? For me it works on android native and forefox as well on Galaxy S3/S4.

HTC One. It always happens on Vimeo Embeds
  •  

PHPVibe A.