Updated to v5 and very slow

Started by amateur56,

Previous topic - Next topic

amateur56Topic starter

Hi

I updated from v4.3 to v5 (which was a nightmare to say the least  >:D  )

Not even sure if its correct or not yet..

Seams to work BUT loading the main index page takes me 1.5 mins. yes thats mins not secs!! (never like this with 4.3)

Which is no good to me what so ever.

Will I loose my videos if I reinstall v4.3 ?

Never had such a hard and complicated update on anything before - searching the forum seams to have multiple ways to update and different files to uplaod?

Why are the files/folder in the update if not needed to upload??? Eg.. load and setup??

very annoyed

Is there a place to put in a Ticket or is this the only support given ??

And this is the only thread area I can find that allows me to add a new post whats that about.
  •  

yafe3

the best way to update
i did a fresh installation phpvibe5
then i go and delete the database completely, and reupload the old database from my phpvibe4 and then upload everything  from the folders media  and upload
then go ahead and run the sql update again
  •  

amateur56Topic starter

mmm thanks for that but too much hassle - never had an update where you need to practically delete everything and hope for the best !!

Probably have to wait till I have more time - also may have to go back to my old tube - hate a program with crap support.

Thanks anyway for your help.
  •  

yafe3

Mario will be back tomorrow  he created  a thread  he said he is in vacation  frankly  the past weeks he was answering  every single  question  even some  beginner's  questions,you my get answered  tomorrow
  •  

DeadFish

Quote from: amateur56 on
mmm thanks for that but too much hassle - never had an update where you need to practically delete everything and hope for the best !!

Probably have to wait till I have more time - also may have to go back to my old tube - hate a program with crap support.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Who's your hosting provider. Being it shouldn't take that long for your page to load.
  •  

Marius P.

Quote from: amateur56 on
Hi

I updated from v4.3 to v5 (which was a nightmare to say the least  >:D  )

Not even sure if its correct or not yet..

Seams to work BUT loading the main index page takes me 1.5 mins. yes thats mins not secs!! (never like this with 4.3)

Which is no good to me what so ever.

Will I loose my videos if I reinstall v4.3 ?

Never had such a hard and complicated update on anything before - searching the forum seams to have multiple ways to update and different files to uplaod?

Why are the files/folder in the update if not needed to upload??? Eg.. load and setup??

very annoyed

Is there a place to put in a Ticket or is this the only support given ??

And this is the only thread area I can find that allows me to add a new post whats that about.

Hi!

So, first http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/231/upgrading-to-v5-from-v4/
Second, it should take you about 2-3 minutes to upgrade, not sure why it was a pain?
Third : hold (not load, hold) tells the script that it's freshly uploaded and not installed, and /setup well, you don't need it cause you are have it installed, sqlupgrader.php does the other job, upgrading database (making all the changes for v5). The files are there because they are a complete install of the cms, not an upgrade pack.
Other than that, most files have edits, and yes, there is no way to upgrade except overwriting files.
Although there are alternatives (like vqmod, OpenCart uses it) I strongly believe that would increase the load of PHPVibe trough the roof.

Now, back to the important stuff...the 1.5 min load, is your site a secret? Like, we can't see it? When you open the developer console on Chrome (or Firefox) you can see a timeline of load times for all files. That will tell you mostly why it is loading so bad. And we don't have to guess, since it looks pretty ok for us. The php execution takes in average about 0.2 seconds...the rest are images, css, js loads.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •