[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Playlist or no playlist? A few potential bugs.

Started by Hersh,

Previous topic - Next topic

HershTopic starter

First, I don't understand why there needs to be a playlist sidebar for every video that is played. Secondly, and more importantly, the playlist feature does not actually work. Every video that is played repeats endlessly, whether in playlist form or not.

You can see this even on the demo site. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this, or is this already on the list of bugs to be fixed, but I'd be curious to know.

Another problem I noticed has to do with the playlist sidebar preventing scrolling in mobile devices. Because it is below the video, when you attempt to scroll up, it only scrolls the playlist portion. You can't go down to see comments.

Lastly, Is it possible to set a min-height for the video player in mobile display? The menu bar is also not always visible in mobile.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

@media only screen and (max-width: 590px) {
.video-player , #video-wrapper {min-height:1px;}
}

Change 1px to you px need.

The playlist is basically a sidebar, not an built-in-player playlist. It should push via jquery redirect when the video time has ended (does not react to forwarding or skipping to final), sure the scope is to have it like Youtube, and we could do that, if all the videos where stored, but most of our clients use youtube & vimeo videos more than to host their own videos (think about 95% or more use embedded videos).
We are trying to make an workaround at lest for stored and youtube videos using in_list() and play ended event.

HershTopic starter

What about the scrolling feature in the playlist causing problems for mobile display? If the active user area is within the div container, once the container finishes scrolling, it should scroll the whole page. Instead, it just stops scrolling altogether once you have reached the end of the div content.

I see that it currently utilizes the slimScroll jQuery plugin. Ideally, I would like to keep it as is and just allow it to function like it is supposed to. However, if this is not possible with the plugin, then I would like to get rid of it altogether. This makes for a really poor mobile and desktop experience. I'm surprised you guys have not noticed.

Thank you.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

It works fine on the devices we have tested...not sure what you try it on, can you let me know?

tpl/main/js/phpvibe_app.js

var vh = $("#video-wrapper").height();
	if($is_mobile) { 	
	  $('.scroll-items').slimScroll({height:180});
	  $('.items').slimScroll({height:180});
	   $('.video-player, #video-content').removeAttr("style");
	   $('.video-player, #video-content').attr('style','min-height:200px;');
	  } else {
	  $('.scroll-items').slimScroll({height:340});
	  $('.items').slimScroll({height:vh});
	  }

and