[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] pseudostreaming

Started by mastodon,

Previous topic - Next topic

mastodonTopic starter

Hi there guys,

Does any of you encountered problems while trying to seek on videos that are stored locally through jwplayer? It appears that i'm not able to seek through the videos that I have uploaded only after the video has been successfully downloaded.

I've tried it using apache with h264 module, and with litespeed server with the mp4 mime type configured correctly.
  •  

Marius P.

Yes, it happens. I've installed 6.6 and still the same.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

mastodonTopic starter

so... if the video has 45 minutes i have to wait until the video has been downloaded in full in order to be able to download it? :|
  •  

Marius P.

I think we are talking about other stuff...I ment when the video is not downloaded in player to 100% it has moments when it gets stuck if you scroll to another time..
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

mastodonTopic starter

yeah... we're not on the same page. :)

i'm facing the following issue:

The videos won't start playing unless they're 100% downloaded to the player... and its a mess since all the videos have 20 mins and go up to 1 hours and a half.
  •  

Marius P.

Did you check jwplayer forum for the issue?
  •  

mastodonTopic starter

oh yeah... i've also added to the player embed the
startparam: start
entry that usually allows seeking through the video at certain points of it, but no luck.
Although now that the videos start playing after buffering 1 MB, i'm able to seek through the buffered part only ( and this was achieved by moving the MOOV atom from the end of the converted mp4 files to the beggining of the mp4 container )... but not through the unbuffered part of it... and if I try to access a mp4 file directly through the browser with the following options it gets me to the video part i want...

http://my-mighty-video-server.tld/mega-awesome-video.mp4?start=25

Really Odd!
  •  

Marius P.

Hmm, yeah. I haven't really looked into that, as you know we planned this as social video sharing cms, but when I do, I'll let you know if I have a solution. Maybe sanishan can help, he's with video conversion and stuff.
  •