[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Video-Upload issue

Started by ollipaust,

Previous topic - Next topic

ollipaustTopic starter

hello,

I dont know if it has to do something with ffmpeg or so, since I havent installed it yet nor set it up.

So my problem is, when I upload a video (as admin & as user), the videos gets uploaded, but has no info's. SCREENSHOT
The uploader has to put the infos by himself (Title, Duration, Thumbnail etc)

Further, I selected in the backend to publish upload videos immediately, but they still need approval to publish.

Also when I set the infos manually, they wont show up at the video-page, like you can see on the screenshot too.

Another issue is, that the video cant be played before its completely buffed.
(This is a big problem, since the videos on my site are going to be about 20-40 minutes)

FYI:

I have a shared hosting account at arvixe.com.
Since they support other videos-cms', i thought phpvibe would work here.

I'm already trying to get my website ready since almost 2 weeks, but there are always issues and such..
its really frustrating...

I'd appreciate any help.

•  

PHPVibe A.

Hi!

Do you have ffmpeg active? If it's not set-up, make sure it's also turned off and cache cleared from tools.

Let me explain what happens:

- the video gets uploaded and comes with unpublished state (this is to avoid no text videos from being published)
- the form with details is being submitted and it updates the video to the chosen state (published in your case), if the form data is incomplete, the video will no longer get updated to published.
There are many causes which can kill an input of text first being firewalls and mod-security.

When you submit the form, what does it show up? Does it confirm that everything was saved?
Is there anything in the error_log? Is this a fresh install or an update?

ollipaustTopic starter

Quote from: Alexander on
Hi!

Do you have ffmpeg active? If it's not set-up, make sure it's also turned off and cache cleared from tools.

Let me explain what happens:

- the video gets uploaded and comes with unpublished state (this is to avoid no text videos from being published)
- the form with details is being submitted and it updates the video to the chosen state (published in your case), if the form data is incomplete, the video will no longer get updated to published.
There are many causes which can kill an input of text first being firewalls and mod-security.

When you submit the form, what does it show up? Does it confirm that everything was saved?
Is there anything in the error_log? Is this a fresh install or an update?

hi alex

its a fresh install
ffmpeg is disabled in the backend. if I want to confirm the submitform, a thumbnail is required.
when i select one and press save i get a confirmation that its been created successfully.
I wonder if theres a way to generate the thumbnail automatically?

also theres still this problem with buffering...
  •  

dmacleo

ffmpeg is what generates the the thumbnail automatically.
is ffmpeg installed on the server?
  •  

ollipaustTopic starter

Quote from: dmacleo on
ffmpeg is what generates the the thumbnail automatically.
is ffmpeg installed on the server?

my server supports ffmpeg but i havent set it up yet
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Indeed, you can only extract it via ffmpeg.
Can you post a copy of you error log or mail it to office@phpvibe.com with subject "To Alex".

dmacleo

ask the host where path to ffmpeg is, click enable ffmpeg and paste that path in the line should be all you need to do.
if you have ssh access
Quotewhereis ffmpeg
should show you too.
  •  

ollipaustTopic starter

Indeed, you can only extract it via ffmpeg.
Can you post a copy of you error log or mail it to office@phpvibe.com with subject "To Alex".

hi
i dont have an error_log on my server
im going to activate ffmpeg and see what happens
  •  

ollipaustTopic starter

okay so i have activated ffmpeg and the upload works fine now! thanks guys!!

but still theres this buffering problem
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Must be somewhere, ask hosting support.

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: ollipaust on
but still theres this buffering problem

Buffering? That only happens when the connection is slow (you or server, or both).
Or do you refer to seeking?
Can you show me again your link?

ollipaustTopic starter

Buffering? That only happens when the connection is slow (you or server, or both).
Or do you refer to seeking?
Can you show me again your link?

yep heres my test domain
http://test.lolwatchers.com/video/5769/test/

with buffering i mean, that i cannot play the video until its fully buffed
  •  

PHPVibe A.

We all have that problem, it's full of topics, jwplayer blew it and we are looking into alternative players.

ollipaustTopic starter

We all have that problem, it's full of topics, jwplayer blew it and we are looking into alternative players.

oh okay didnt knew that...

thanks you verymuch anyways!
  •