[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Quick Pre-Sale Questions

Started by PHPVibe A.,

Previous topic - Next topic

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Post here your pre-sale questions to avoid doubled questions.
I'll be more than happy to answer.

Thank you for your interest in PHPVibe.

metalgearxd

Ok
I have a question how I can enlarge high jw player players?
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Quote from: metalgearxd on
Ok
I have a question how I can enlarge high jw player players?

This is a support question not pre-sale. You need to verify your account for support http://www.phprevolution.com/forum/discussions-205/phpvibe-forum-now-open-for-'verified-clients'-only/

TigerClaw

Hello,

do you offer the following features?:

1) Batch import from server path of videos in a specific category (or auto creation of categories following the directories tree)
1a) Automatic import of new videos from the server path (Automatic discovery of new videos when they get uploaded inside the server path directory)

2) Batch upload from server path of images with auto creation of album and galleries following the directories tree (directories names)
2a) Automatic import of new images from the server path (Automatic discovery of new albums/galleries/images when they get uploaded inside the server path directory)
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Hi! No, batch upload features are not yet available in PHPVibe.

TigerClaw

is it possible to upload more than 1 videos at once?
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

For now no, but it's on the plugins plan an FTP uploader and an mass uploader in admin(part of 3.5), should be in store shortly after 3.5's release.

TigerClaw

That is what I would need. Is there any expected date of release?

Could you please tell me if you have support for album/galleries of images?

Thank you
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Hi! ETA for 3.5 is 15 Feb, hopefully we will make it.
No, no images galleries.
I think you should look for an image sharing cms, PHPVibe does not put any accent on images.

TigerClaw

ok so I will wait for the 3.5 release and the mass import plugin. :) How I can stay up to date about this?
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Quote from: TigerClaw on
ok so I will wait for the 3.5 release and the mass import plugin. :) How I can stay up to date about this?

If you register to http://store.phprevolution.com/ you will receive our newsletters (we send 5-10 per year).

depaq

Hi, I'm wondering if this software can upload and play mp4 files as they are? It's been very difficult finding a good script that can do this. I've found a few, but they miss features I need without paying a fortune in plugins.
Is there any kind of multi server support? Need this to help reduce server load.

I don't want stuff to be converted because of quality loss.  :(

•  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Hi!

On first page:

QuoteWe know how hard is to find a good video script that handles both upload and social videos sharing without requiring ffmpeg and phpVibe was crafted years ago for the sole reason to fill the gap. It cannot convert avi video files to flv/mp4 (by default) but it can help you build your video project just the way you want it.
Upload mp4/flv video files

Upload mp3 music files

Upload image files

Easy embed over 20 large video sharing website (link only). Main sharing websites get also video details prefilled.

Import videos for specific Youtube searches, from users, from Youtube's channels with a single click (importer plus cron)

Since then we have added ffmpeg as option  :D

But without ffmpeg, you'll need to manually upload a thumbnail and input a video duration.

If your files are .mp4, you can enable ffmpeg, as it won't reconvert them, but extract duration and thumb.

We don't have yet multi-server support, but we are looking onto creating a plugin for this.

depaq

Sorry, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to convert anything. And it seems you have confirmed that, if I'm not mistaken. I currently use hosting with FFMPEG, so that isn't an issue. Thanks

I hope that multi server plugin won't take longer than it takes for me to require it..   :P

I've been trying to get a decent site running asap, and been having problems finding a good script for my purpose, that was still being supported be developers.

Thanks.
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Yes, this is what I've told you, it does not convert/rework mp4 videos.
We are coding 3.5 this days, it's a complete final version of the 3 series.
I know what you mean, I've tried every video script myself before coming to PHPVibe (as client at first).

major48

Ok I currently own a video or tube site and I was looking to overhaul it with a better script. I want users to be able to easily upload videos from their cell phones and currently my site won't do that I all. I tried it on your demo site from my Andriod phone and it seems to work perfectly. So I think I am ready to buy. I was wondering if you also could create a template for my site. Also in the current templates I don't see any room for advertisements.
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Hi! Thank your for your interest in PHPVibe!
We cannot yet create custom templates, we have suspended custom services until we release our full set of development (PHPVibe 3.5, 5 templates, 10 plugins).
There are advertising spaces, we just don't use them (except from the one floating on top of the player).
We will release a full documentation for this upcoming release.

major48

Quote from: Alexander on
Hi! Thank your for your interest in PHPVibe!
We cannot yet create custom templates, we have suspended custom services until we release our full set of development (PHPVibe 3.5, 5 templates, 10 plugins).
There are advertising spaces, we just don't use them (except from the one floating on top of the player).
We will release a full documentation for this upcoming release.
Ok I read the other posts and I see the release date was suppose to be Feb 15th. So can we expect those releases in the next couple of weeks?
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Quote from: major48 on
Ok I read the other posts and I see the release date was suppose to be Feb 15th. So can we expect those releases in the next couple of weeks?

Yes, we've missed the deadline due to a wave of sales and support we were not prepared for, but we should recover in 2-3 days and make the release.

major48

If I go ahead and buy the current version can I upgrade to the new version for free? Also is upgrading a easy one click process like with Wordpress?
  •  

major48

Quote from: major48 on
If I go ahead and buy the current version can I upgrade to the new version for free? Also is upgrading a easy one click process like with Wordpress?

Never mind I see you answered this on another post.
  •  

TigerClaw

From the TOS:

Product updates are free for a minimum period of 6 months. After this period expires you will be able to extend access to updates and customer support by paying a certain fee.

Could you please let me know how much is the "extend access to updates?"

Also I read in some posts that the price for the 3.5 release could be bigger. Would you suggest to buy the release immediately? I'm actually only waiting for the 3.5 release and the confirmation about the mass import plugin.

Thanks
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Hi!

@major48 sorry for the late response and glad you found it.

@TigerClaw For now we have not charged upgrades regularly, except 2 years ago when it was 8 euro, 3.5 may be a new charged product, for clients who have brought it more than an year ago.
3.5 is being release so slow because we want it to be the final version for 2014, we know we lack coding documentation and themes and we plan to focus the rest of the year on this, so there is no other upgrade coming in 2014, and most possibly a 4.0 may come in 2015, till then only small patches may show up, we will always come with solutions if issues are reported.

mauricebwilliams

Do you have a link to a demo of the admin pages?
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

3.5 is changing the admin panel, so it would be pointless to show it right now, but screens are available here http://www.phprevolution.com/phpvibe/