[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Sales Questions

Started by pumbany,

Previous topic - Next topic

pumbanyTopic starter

what are the best ways to make money with the software. Is there an ad network we can join that is best?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Only other clients can recommend, we don't use any type of ads.

pumbanyTopic starter

I asked my web host if they meet the requirements and they said that they did except that the shared servers don't have ffmpeg installed, which is listed as an optional component for video conversion. The ffmpeg utility isn't available and isn't something which we can install on our shared hosting servers. ffmpeg is primarily used to encode and decode video files, which is can be extremely resource intensive. While limited use with scripts such as phpVibe likely wouldn't present any problems in and of itself we feel that if enabled users might take advantage of it for more widespread video encoding which would adversely effect the performance of the shared server for all customers. If you need ffmpeg and other similar video tools you would need to have a dedicated server, VDS or VPS of your own.

Before I made the purchase you told me that I could run the software on a shared server and my question is that since my hosting provider has this limitation with the FFMPEG will I still be able to use the software without FFMPEG.  I am not even sure what FFMPEG is,  what won't the software be able to do if I don't have this?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: pumbany on
Before I made the purchase you told me that I could run the software on a shared server and my question is that since my hosting provider has this limitation with the FFMPEG will I still be able to use the software without FFMPEG.  I am not even sure what FFMPEG is,  what won't the software be able to do if I don't have this?

You simply leave ffmpeg off. The only downside is that it will not convert videos, and extract thumbnails and duration, but it will add them as fields to the upload box.

ffmpeg can do this :

- convert avi, mpg (non web playable formats) to flv or mp4 (PHPVibe uses .mp4 as it's mobile supported)
- Extract thumbnail from video file
- Extract duration from video file

Hope this solves your dilemma.

pumbanyTopic starter

I have set up the software.  Now is there a link to a user manual so that I can understand how to use it and all of the features?
  •  

PHPVibe A.