[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Upgrade from PHPVibe 3.3/3.4 to PRO 3.5

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

Marius P.Topic starter

PHPVibe 3.5 is a final upgrade for this year, next upgrade is coming in 2015, so feel free to customize it.

First of all BACKUP!

In order to upgrade follow this steps:

Step 1: Keep some folders and files

Remove everything except:

- /cache
- /media
- /rawmedia (3.4 only, create it on 3.3 and make it writeable)
- /uploads
- vibe_config.php

Step 2: Configuration copy&pasting

Open vibe_config.php from PHPVibe 3.5 folder and copy paste the values from your old vibe_config.php
There are new things there, and the config is not as long as the one in 3.4 or 3.3.

This are the values you need (sample of new vibe_config.php)

<?php //security check
if( !defined( 'in_phpvibe' ) || (in_phpvibe !== true) ) {
die();
}
/* This is your phpVibe config file.
 * Edit this file with your own settings following the comments next to each line
 */

/*
 ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host
 */

/** MySQL database username */
define( 'DB_USER', 'database user' );

/** MySQL database password */
define( 'DB_PASS', 'password' );

/** The name of the database */
define( 'DB_NAME', 'database name' );

/** MySQL hostname */
define( 'DB_HOST', 'localhost' );

/** MySQL tables prefix */
define( 'DB_PREFIX', 'vibe_' );

/** MySQL cache timeout */
/** For how many hours should queries be cached? **/
define( 'DB_CACHE', '5' );

/*
 ** Site options
 */
 /** License key (Can be created in the store, under "My Licenses" **/
define( 'phpVibeKey', 'key goes here' );

/** Site url (with end slash, ex: http://www.domain.com/ ) **/
define( 'SITE_URL', 'http://www.mydomain.com/' );

/** Admin folder, rename it and change it here **/
define( 'ADMINCP', 'moderator' );

/*
 ** Custom settings would go after here.
 */
 ?>

Make sure your config looks like this and it's complete.

Step 3: Upload all files (including the newly edited vibe_config.php), you can overwrite existing ones.

Step 4: Database upgrade

Inside the PHPVibe archive there are 2 files, up3to5.php and up4to5.php

Copy both to the your intal's root and execute the one for your version in the browser:

- up3to5.php converts the PHPVibe 3.3 into a 3.5 database
- up4to5.php converts the PHPVibe 3.4 into a 3.5 database

If you have rushed to download 3.5 and does not have this file, download and use an fresh archive.

Step 5: Clear cache from Tools in admin, clear browser cache.

Step 6: Give feedback :D  and report any issues.

Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

w4q45

i get this error after upgrading from 3.3 to 3.5 when ever i try to go to moderator

Site error: the file /home5/pashtobu/public_html/moderator/index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.
my domain is pashtobuzz.com

i have enable to ioncube and im using justhost shared hosting which is compatible of this script , it seems i have done some thing wrng during the upgrade. please help
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Use the moderator/index.php from 3.4/3.3 , the new one it's encripted with ioncube 8.0

oryhutch

I am having trouble with the upgrade, I have an adult video website and used the xclub plugin, but since upgrading to phpvibe 3.5 I no longer have the redtube importer. Any suggestions how to fix this or if xclub even works with 3.5?
  •  

carlitos90cu

works with the new version. I'm using it. I recommend that you re-download the plugin and install it.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

You need to re add it to hooks.php, that's the only edit removed by the upgrade.

oryhutch

We reinstalled the xclub plugin but it is still not working
  •  

PHPVibe A.

demongur18

Its cool Mario tried to send you message but there is no option to share the blog on social websites. No option to like/dislike and view counts please add that
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: demongur18 on
Its cool Mario tried to send you message but there is no option to share the blog on social websites.

I'll add that.

Quote from: demongur18 on
  No option to like/dislike and view counts please add that

On posts? I don't really see the need, this is a video website, not a blogging platform.
You can use wordpress if you want an enhanced blog and put it in a folder.
  •  

ajitsingh

Upgrade not working for me, upgrading from 3.3 to 3.5

i have followed step by step but in "Step 4: Database upgrade" getting error after execute up3to5.php file in browser.  Plz Check image: http://s7.postimg.org/fs9glu9bv/error.jpg

for a while i have restore my old setup, waiting for solution..
  •  

PHPVibe A.

The errors are self explanatory, you need to upload up4to5.php as well, the duplicate columns field errors, maybe you tried an upgrade to 3.4 before?

ajitsingh

Quote from: Alexander on
The errors are self explanatory, you need to upload up4to5.php as well, the duplicate columns field errors, maybe you tried an upgrade to 3.4 before?

Opps, got it fixed... upgrade done.

now issue is Video Thumbnail, i can see same issue with ur demo site www.videoinedit.com
http://s30.postimg.org/vc45e5wbl/video_Thumbnail.jpg

also what was last phpvibe version video thumbnail size, if any one remember.. current default are to big.

& Facebook comment panel is small in size.. css issue?

•  

PHPVibe A.

Fleswodka

hello, thank for the quick 3.5 !!

i upgrade http://dadersgezocht.nl but no homeblocks/video channel/categorie appears on index..

rest op upgrade no problems http://dadersgezocht.nl/videos/browse/

when making homeblocks it wil be not saved on right side /moderator
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Is the table {vibe_}homepage updated?

Check if it looks like in attachment.

Fleswodka

•  

PHPVibe A.

Than that is the problem.

Run this via the sql tab

ALTER TABLE  `vibe_homepage` ADD  `mtype` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT  '1';

Fleswodka

add, but nothing saved or shows ..
  •  

PHPVibe A.

No need, just post an copy of the error log please, so I can figure out what's going on.

Fleswodka

•  

PHPVibe A.

You have a tone of errors because you didn't not edit the new config file, but left the old one.
Also some sql upgrades did not went trough (possibly for same reason).

Fleswodka

strange because i switch before setup..

but its ok, just instal fresh and imported some files sql

thanks alot for all respons!! realy heavy how much posts!

can u give me url of other projects/scripts u have?

u did realy good job last 4 months !!! _0_
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: interbizmedia on

can u give me url of other projects/scripts u have?

We don't have any other web product yet, we plan two more CMS platforms, but for now, they are around 50-60% done.

ajitsingh

Quote from: Alexander on
We don't have any other web product yet, we plan two more CMS platforms, but for now, they are around 50-60% done.

its possible u can share some more detail about upcoming CMS platforms.. curious to know about it.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: ajitsingh on
its possible u can share some more detail about upcoming CMS platforms.. curious to know about it.

PHPRecord - Image sharing platform (Pinterest + WeHeartIt combination/similarity).
PHPInteract - Social Platform (not an Facebook clone, but still a social cms)

I'm not on the group developing this, will stick to PHPVibe, so I don't have more advanced details.

pumbany

I am having trouble understanding Step 4 in the upgrade process. It says "Copy both files  files, up3to5.php and up4to5.php to the your intal's root and execute the one for your version in the browser"

How do I execute one for the version that I need which is up4to5php.  I am not sure what you mean by execute the version in the browser? How do I do this?

=================================================================

Step 4: Database upgrade

Inside the PHPVibe archive there are 2 files, up3to5.php and up4to5.php

Copy both to the your intal's root and execute the one for your version in the browser:

- up3to5.php converts the PHPVibe 3.3 into a 3.5 database
- up4to5.php converts the PHPVibe 3.4 into a 3.5 database
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

pumbany

I upgraded from version 4 to 5. It looks like the website is working. However I went to the page: www.blowyourwig DOT .com/up4to5.php in the browser and see the following error message. Does this meesage mean anything or is the site working and can I now proceed to upgrade to version 6?

Warning: Duplicate column name 'privacy' in /home/urbanmi/public_html/blowyourwig.com/lib/class.ezsql.php on line 249

Warning: Duplicate column name 'type' in /home/urbanmi/public_html/blowyourwig.com/lib/class.ezsql.php on line 249

Warning: Duplicate column name 'sub' in /home/urbanmi/public_html/blowyourwig.com/lib/class.ezsql.php on line 249

Warning: Duplicate column name 'media' in /home/urbanmi/public_html/blowyourwig.com/lib/class.ezsql.php on line 249

Warning: Unknown column 'order' in 'vibe_homepage' in /home/urbanmi/public_html/blowyourwig.com/lib/class.ezsql.php on line 249

Warning: Duplicate column name 'mtype' in /home/urbanmi/public_html/blowyourwig.com/lib/class.ezsql.php on line 249
ezSQL (v2.17) Debug..
Last Error -- [Duplicate column name 'mtype']

Query [12] -- [CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `vibe_posts` ( `pid` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `ch` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `date` text COLLATE utf8_swedish_ci NOT NULL, `title` varchar(300) COLLATE utf8_swedish_ci NOT NULL, `pic` longtext COLLATE utf8_swedish_ci NOT NULL, `content` longtext COLLATE utf8_swedish_ci NOT NULL, `tags` varchar(500) COLLATE utf8_swedish_ci NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`pid`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_swedish_ci AUTO_INCREMENT=0]

Query Result..

No Results
  •  

pumbany

Do you know the answer to my post in Reply#29.?

I am not sure what all those warnings mean or if everything is ok and I can now proceed to upgrade from version 5 to 6?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

It sais the columns already exist. Nothing more, just proceed away with your doing.
  •  

pumbany

I upgraded from 3.5 to 3.6 version 2.  The site looks like it's working.  I just have one question.

I uploaded a file in the old database upgraders folder that is called up36tov2

http://www.blowyourwig DOT com/up36tov2.php  It has the following message;

ezSQL (v2.17) Debug..
Query [3] -- [CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `vibe_jads` ( `jad_id` int(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `jad_type` varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `jad_box` varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `jad_start` varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `jad_end` varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `jad_body` longtext NOT NULL, `jad_title` varchar(64) NOT NULL, `jad_pos` varchar(64) NOT NULL, `jad_extra` text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`jad_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=0]

Query Result..

No Results

Does the above message mean anything or is the site working properly?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

It's all fine. It just shows the sql debug, it has no error, else it would prefix it with error.
  •