[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Upgrading from 3.1 to PHPVibe 3.3

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

Marius P.Topic starter

QuoteIf you want us to upgrade your large website:

• You need to pay a 10 euros upgrade fee (for the time taken to manually upgrade it).
  • You need to provide us with your cpanel account (for backups, ftp access and database access).
  • All upgrades are done monday to friday in business hours 9-18 (GMT + 2).
  • We don't do night upgrades.
  • We reserve the right to deny or delay upgrades when we have busy periods.
Upgrader released:
File is attached to thread.
Warning: this will not change file paths or copy files, will simply import the database from 3.1 to 3.3 with the condition they are in the same database (tables in same database).
Backup fully 3.1 version!
Install 3.3 to the same database as 3.1 (3.3 has table prefix). Finish the install.
Keep your media folders from 3.1 (initially: /media and /uploads)
Upload /upgrade and run it in browser.
It will check for old tables and warn you if you have a problem.
If no problem, run import.
In 3.1 files where stored in /media/flv and in 3.3 directly in /media, you should copy them and if all is fine, remove the old /flv after.
Always remember the Tools -> Clean cache in 3.3 is your friend (use it).

Hey guys, I have not yet released an upgrader, but since RC2 it will be available.
Some have upgraded already, good job, and thank you for feedback.

There are few issues you need to consider before upgrading:

- Twitter id has been deprecated, 3.3 uses the oauth_token, if twitter user has mail in 3.1 he can recover his pass in 3.3, BUT if he doesn't, he won't be able to access his account anymore.
- User wall/statuses have been removed in 3.3

This are the 2 major issues you could bump into, the rest (if any) will be fixed before upgrader is released.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

videonavy

I will appreciate the upgrader to be released as soon as possible.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

It's on the list for next week, this weekend is work-free.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

videonavy

•  

MDevi

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

videonavy

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Not yet, distracted by another urgent project.
But I plan tomorrow to install back a large PHPVibe 3.1 and make the upgrader and the adult plugins.
  •  

videonavy

Quote from: @Mario on
Not yet, distracted by another urgent project.
But I plan tomorrow to install back a large PHPVibe 3.1 and make the upgrader and the adult plugins.

OK
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Simple steps :

- backup 3.1 on your hardrive
- leave the tables in database untouched.
- (if not many videos) delete everything on server
- upload 3.3 and install it (the database datas are in the 3.1 app/config.ini.php file)
- once 3.3 is installed DO NOT add videos and other data
- Copy 3.1's folder /media/flv/ to /media (a good idea to look for suspicious files)
- Copy 3.1's folder uploads/ to the new /uploads (if you have removed them from server)
- Upload the upgrade folder in this package and run it as {site_url}/upgrade in your browser
- The upgrader will tell you if something is wrong
- If completed upgrade:
-- make sure you have the .htaccess files in /media and /uploads with the content from PHPVibe 3.3 (THIS IS IMPORTANT, ELSE YOU MAY GET HACKED).
-- you can now delete the database tables with no prefix (not like vibe_ or chosen prefix in vibe_config.php)
This should be all.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Tested on http://www.misterdevil.com/ and working fine (i've removed all my media and replaced it with default image).
Pending the adult plugin.
  •  

videonavy

•  

videonavy

Upgraded successfully but only had issue with the existing users because they registered via FB/TW. Any help in that direction?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Run this via phpmyadmin for facebook.

UPDATE `vibe_users` SET type = 'facebook' where fid !='' and fid > 0

Twitter accounts are unrecoverable, as Twitter id no longer exists. But if they have a password setup, they can login by mail and pass. See first post.
  •  

MDevi

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

videonavy

Quote from: @Mario on
Run this via phpmyadmin for facebook.

UPDATE `vibe_users` SEY type = 'facebook' where fid !='' and fid > 0

Twitter accounts are unrecoverable, as Twitter id no longer exists. But if they have a password setup, they can login by mail and pass. See first post.

Nothing updated...

Please note the code for future use (SEY should be SET):

UPDATE `vibe_users` SET TYPE = 'facebook' WHERE fid != '' AND fid >0
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Sorry, I'm tired as hell and trying to finish the xpack tonight.

Try this:

UPDATE `vibe_users` SET type = 'facebook' where fid IS NOT NULL

What version of mysql you have? The first one worked for me fine...

•  

videonavy

MySQL version: 5.5.32-cll

I think the table vibe_users was not migrated at all because I have only one user (only admin) in it.

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Then it didn't.

Open the setup file, you'll find the query (it's commented), isolate it (comment the others), see if trows any error.
It should say how many rows where affected (you didn't notice first time?)
  •  

MDevi

Marcus, you're a good programmer, and nice guy. but your upgrading system makes me cancer! I cant use your v3.3 and when I wanna use v3.1 its gonna be hacked! DAMN!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Lol! I love how you call me "Marcus", please stop! :)
Give me your details by mail and I will upgrade it for you.

PS: 3.1 is secured if you apply this http://www.phprevolution.com/forum/debates/secure-phpvibe-3-1-against-shell-attackshacking-attempts/msg11667/#msg11667
  •  

luca2012

Hi Mario,
I agree with MDevi (Problems with upgrading steps).
Normally the new version will do all the UPGRADING PROCESS without our help.
So my question It's possible to include the upgrade plugin into the new version for detecting the old version of phpvibe and upgrade it without our helps.
I don't like to use the new version 3.3 because I afraid to get the same problems as MDevi.
I have visitors 24/24.

Thanks in advance Mario.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Hi!
Quote from: luca2012 on
I agree with MDevi (Problems with upgrading steps).

If you have problems please describe them, I cannot fix what does not make problems on my tests.
For example i've runned 5 upgrades, all successful, no problem.
If I integrate it, what would be the win? It would do the exact same thing.
Also, this will use the PHPVibe 3.1 standard database structure, if you have modified it, added prefix, changed structures, etc, you need to modify the upgrader according to your previous changes,
So, please be specific and post outputs, issues, so I can figure if something is wrong with the upgrader or something else is causing your issues.

You can run the upgrade on a wamp/other domain/subdomain/folder install, and then copy the updated 3.3 database over to your production database.
  •