[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Working on a new PHPVibe theme, would love your opinion

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

Like it so far?

Yes
No
Hmm...

Marius P.Topic starter

For now just a rough sketch in html (not all elements are styled)

Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Bob.Weston

looks pretty good.. am not a "red" person but you have my respect..

that is the video view.. what does the main page look like?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: Bob.Weston on
looks pretty good.. am not a "red" person but you have my respect..

that is the video view.. what does the main page look like?

For now still thinking, would like to go with one video per row, either like vimeo (not very convinced) or like Metacafe and Youtube (in some parts).

You can change that red very fast, is just
#cc181e;
in a css file  :D

Check attached screen from Youtube (similar, was thinking, but with less detail)
  •  

thefutureisbright

I really like this.  Keep going and show us all the updates. xox
  •  

PHPClient

I really like the Homepage and color scheme.

For the Homepage, what items (menus/features) would you consider placing on the right-hand side?

I noticed with the latest build, "New Users" are on the left-hand side.  It would be nice to place "New Users" on the right, maybe? - Create a separation between all media related items and "social" features of website.

Let me know your opinion.

Thanks! - New Memeber.  :cool:
  •  

boxboy

this will be released as a new product in the store or like a phpvibe update ?
  •  

mihai

You should move the categories content 2-3 px to the right.It should be much obvious that this is the category and this is the content.
  •  

jasbir

Blogger, Graphic Designer, Web Developer, VFX, Die Hard Fan of BOHEMIA, Editor at DesiHipHop.com
Follow Me - https://twitter.com/JasbirPrince
  •  

PHPClient

Another important programming point:

Using YouTube as an example: When you upload a video as a user on YouTube, you can start the uploading process and move away from the upload screen and use the YouTube site while in the background the upload completes.

On PHPVibe script, it seems (I'm not 100% sure) that you're locked onto Upload Page until it is uploaded/processed 100% and are not able to continue enjoying video site while the upload process is working.

Can we program this differently?

THanks
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

We will try, some new uploaders have showed up recently, maybe one does not have this behavior.
When we have added this one, it was top of the line tech.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: boxboy on
this will be released as a new product in the store or like a phpvibe update ?

Is a new theme, so product.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: PHPClient on
I really like the Homepage and color scheme.

For the Homepage, what items (menus/features) would you consider placing on the right-hand side?

I noticed with the latest build, "New Users" are on the left-hand side.  It would be nice to place "New Users" on the right, maybe? - Create a separation between all media related items and "social" features of website.

Let me know your opinion.

Thanks! - New Memeber.  :cool:

this theme is pretty small in width, up to 1152px so far, so I'm not sure how it will work with a secondary sidebar, will try to see how it looks with increased grid.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

atom

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

atom

Really looks good, love the color choice...Maybe little bit of dark gray on the right side too;-)?

•  

akavis

hello Mario, great design! I can not wait to see the demo version.
  •  

Wnux

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Still working on it, new framework, and prototyping is a bit slower since we get more used to it.
  •  

demonguru18

Hey Mario I like it, One request can we have a like/dislike/reply button on comments its good to have it. Then I dont need to use facebook comments
I am fan of PHP Vibe
  •  

Equadore

Went from Clipshare, to Adultvideoshare just trying to find a script that works. Now im home!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: demonguru18 on
Hey Mario I like it, One request can we have a like/dislike/reply button on comments its good to have it. Then I dont need to use facebook comments

It will have have, just i've pasted some which where already like by me (just the html paste).
Still not very sure about home and lists, and this undecided state is slowing the progress on it...
  •  

estebanes

It looks pretty good.

They may buy when ready for version 4.0 ?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: estebanes on
It looks pretty good.

They may buy when ready for version 4.0 ?

Once the cms will be released (as stable) it will be coded.