[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Youtube Cron's Not working?

Started by ownbond,

Previous topic - Next topic

ownbondTopic starter

please help me !! i am unable to configure crons
  •  

Marius P.

Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

ownbondTopic starter

can you please guide me the command to add in cpanel crons jobs??
  •  

Marius P.

See this thread

Quote from: @Mario on
Did you run www.yoursite.com/cron.php in your browser (just to see that all is ok)?
Also, make sure you setup the cron correctly for your environment.

I use

/user/bin/php /home/xxxx/public_html/cron.php

as my cron running command, basically /path to php-bin executable AND / full path till cron.php
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

ownbondTopic starter

yes this link http://www.mast.pk/cron.php is working and i have added this command to my cpanel. now let see what's happened in next hour's
  •  

Marius P.

•  

ownbondTopic starter

Quote from: @Mario on
See this thread

after adding this command

/user/bin/php /home/pnfcom/public_html/cron.php

Showing this Error in Email:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: /user/bin/php: No such file or directory
  •  

Marius P.

You need to enter your own php bin path, not the sample one.
You can also try with just the path, it may work (exclude the bin path).
What panel you use?
  •  

ownbondTopic starter

•  

ownbondTopic starter

now i have used this one:

/home/pnfcom/public_html/mast.pk/cron.php

And Email Error:

/home/pnfcom/public_html/mast.pk/cron.php: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/home/pnfcom/public_html/mast.pk/cron.php: line 1: `<?php error_reporting(0);
'
  •  

Marius P.

But triggering /cron.php works? Hmm, weird.
Get the bin path under crons settings in admin (paste me that line).
  •  

ownbondTopic starter

Sorry i can't get you  i have sending you my moderator details in PM
  •  

Marius P.

I can't attach there, I assume you have exec disabled on server? Since it should look like this.

Can you ask your hosting what is the bin path?
  •  

ownbondTopic starter

this is the correct bin path as per my hosting provider:

Quoteusr/bin/php

•  

Marius P.

usr/bin/php /home/pnfcom/public_html/cron.php

Try to run the cron like this then (command line).
  •  

ownbondTopic starter

Quotephp -q /home/pnfcom/public_html/mast.pk/cron.php

i am using this and this is running smoothly and fast... :p
  •  

Marius P.

You know, usually we have to guess this stuff, because we didn't configure your server :)
For me, all work :)
  •  

ownbondTopic starter

By the way You guys are Great...:) Thanks for Support
  •  

Marius P.

•  

zeemotech

Dear support for giving better support you all must make a walkthrough videos I mean guiding videos for all the issues so every one can just follow with the videos see all are not a developers..
  •  

Marius P.

Quote from: zeemotech on
Dear support for giving better support you all must make a walkthrough videos I mean guiding videos for all the issues so every one can just follow with the videos see all are not a developers..

Hi, you can't make videos or clear instructions on something like this, because cron triggers are panel specific, and even for every panel they depend on the cron tab's setup, so there are many ways to trigger it, and the showcased way may not work for you.
Best choice is to drop a line to your hosting and ask them what's your bin path and link to a trigger tutorial for their system.
  •