[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] youtube data api (v3) with Phpvibe 3.6

Started by msr1545,

Previous topic - Next topic

msr1545Topic starter

Hi!

We are using phpvibe 3.6 and we want to integrate the latest youtube API (v3) to work with it.

Do you have any documentation regarding this upgrade? Currently while weblinking youtube videos, it doesn't read the metadata and we have to manually fill in the details in the form. We believe using the latest API is going to fix the problem.

Please advise. thanks.

P.S -We are NOT considering upgrading to 4.0 at this time, as we have code customizations which will break.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Hi,

this can be tested and provided after the vacation ends (31 August).
We haven't tested it either, since we have to always work on latest version.

msr1545Topic starter

Can you provide the details of this now? It's past 8/31, so I am hoping we will get some help with this. We can't really wait for very long.

Please send me how to's to upgrade the youtube api for v3.6 to work with youtube v3.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

I'm sorry but for now there are urgent things to attend, when I'll get to this, I will.
I cannot explain management loosing time on a product which is old, and we don't support officially anymore.

msr1545Topic starter

Can you briefly outline the steps to follow/files to look at and modify?

we have a lot of customization and upgrading to 4.0 will break a lot of things. help is much appreciated.
  •  

Marius P.

Unfortunately Alex quit, I'll do my best to get this info (if I can't get somebody else on support fast enough).
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

msr1545Topic starter

Any luck with this? We have been waiting for a LONG time :(, help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want you to give me the code, just a brief outline of the steps/files to touch/ would be a great starting point
  •  

msr1545Topic starter

•  

Marius P.

I know you did, and I'm sorry, but right now we are overdue with v5 and got over 10.000 piessed people in our heads.

You can use a file compare for lib/class.providers.php, lib/class.youtube.php (I think) and use the files from the new admin for youtube (or just use the new admin), don't miss the settings file where you use the youtube key.

If you bump into missing functions, you'll need to copy them over to /lib/functions.php

But with v5 close do you still wish to remain on 3.x? You'll get in more and more issues...and nobody to help with, since we only support the current version.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •