[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] YouTube Importing

Started by awardkraft,

Previous topic - Next topic

awardkraftTopic starter

hi phpVibe members,

YouTube Video importing not working even after our tech team trying to fix, suggest how to fix the problem??

It's an important feature & plz help us by replying asap as we are all set for launch of site

Thanks
  •  

PHPVibe A.

awardkraftTopic starter

Hi Alexander,

The youtube importing is working well with no issues.
We are actually looking for direct youtube downloads into the server and then encode the video to stream on our CDN. Hope this functionality is there which will be of great use for content uploading.
Thank you for the support and clarification.
  •  

ollipaust

Quote from: ollipaust on
We are actually looking for direct youtube downloads into the server and then encode the video to stream on our CDN.

For clarification;

You want to automatically download Youtube videos and directly upload it to your site?
If yes, this would be customization, which means your techteam have to write a script on their own and implement it into phpVibe, since the Youtube Importer does not download/upload anything.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

AlexH

Sorry for offtopic but do not understand why you want to do this.

1. YouTube is a free service. can be used by you and your users on your site.
2. Video CDN service is quite expensive.
why did you choose CDN, why complicate, when you can make it very simple and very cheap.

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: AlexH on
Sorry for offtopic but do not understand why you want to do this.

1. YouTube is a free service. can be used by you and your users on your site.
2. Video CDN service is quite expensive.
why did you choose CDN, why complicate, when you can make it very simple and very cheap.

Maybe he's a millionaire :)
Alex, most go this way, then when expenses go to $$$$/month but income is $$$/month they quit.

AlexH

Quote from: Alexander on
Maybe he's a millionaire :)
Alex, most go this way, then when expenses go to $$$$/month but income is $$$/month they quit.

Unfortunately I know many cases of them. Everyone is free to choose what they want, but the situation in the world that is now, I think you should consider how to reduce costs as much as possible. At least until you start to produce some bucks.

PHPVibe A.

Honestly I see so limited websites having success, sometimes I wonder how... look at Vine.co only from the website perspective, they only have that 6 seconds idea, but technically there is 2-3h work, html5 basic video player, no paths hidden, nothing...design is more than minimalist.