insite ads issue when selecting above/below video player location

Started by georgepanaitescu,

Previous topic - Next topic

georgepanaitescuTopic starter

Hi there,

We have this issue - we set up some ads to be displayed and when selecting above video player (or below video player) it ad is rendered (it appears in the html source of hte page) but its completely overlapped by the video, its not visible at all.
Looking in the css, i see that the video player is displayed with absolute positioning in its location:

this is the css of the video player, as in your original code:

height: 100%;
left: 0;
position: absolute;
top: 0;
width: 100%;

the parent div being 'relative'. Its clear then that whatever we will place before the video player, because of the absolute positioning it will be covered by the video.

Do you have any suggestion how to fix this? Ideally i wouldn't start hacking the css, because i dont know what height will the ads have.
As i see it, the <div class="static-ad"> container should be outside its parent (the video-player div).

I am waiting for your advice,
thanks!
  •  

Marius P.

Hi! Both thouse ad spaces are moving (right now indeed, they have that issue). It's on my list of to do before v5 is stable.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

georgepanaitescuTopic starter

OK, thanks for your reply.
Do you have an estimate when that version will be available? Just to know if we should wait for it, or look for a temporary solution in the current platform.

Thanks.
  •  

Marius P.

The beta is in the store since yesterday. It wasn't announced yet because it still gets hourly edits.
Once it's fully final it will be announced by newsletter.
I can't say when, as you can see around the community everybody is reporting small issues here and there. We are documenting and fixing them as we speak.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •