Multiple categories

Started by dstudios,

Previous topic - Next topic

dstudiosTopic starter

I would like the user to be able to select multiple categories when uploading a video.

On the upload form I need each parent category to have its own dropdown option for choosing category.

See screenshot for example:

Thank you for your suggestions.

•  

neospider69

before you can get any support, you need to verify your account :)
  •  

DeadFish

Quote from: neospider69 on
before you can get any support, you need to verify your account :)

Think the only way to be in the forum is by having an account.
  •  

DeadFish

Quote from: dstudios on
I would like the user to be able to select multiple categories when uploading a video.

On the upload form I need each parent category to have its own dropdown option for choosing category.

See screenshot for example:

Thank you for your suggestions.

That's actually a really good idea.
  •  

dstudiosTopic starter

Hi, thanks for the replies.

This was actually a pre-sale inquiry.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks again
  •  

Marius P.

Hi! By default in PHPVibe we won't be building that since it would require some extra sql unions on queries which are server heavy.
However, version 5 will query (but not on home blocks) the videos in the child categories as well as part of the main category.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

dstudiosTopic starter

okay, thank you for the reply. :cool:
  •  

Marius P.

Quote from: dstudios on
okay, thank you for the reply. :cool:

With pleasure!
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

dbristylez0831

I have a similar question I would like for the user to have to select a category just like when a user has to put a title and description. I don't know where to put the prompt or what file it is in. Also I am having trouble with the images being uploaded as well. I have hired a friend of mine to try and help me tonight but if he cannot I was wondering if you guys had any idea on this. Every time it is a image uploaded it has successful upload but is nowhere on the site not even in the moderators panel. Also the Carousel for music is not working it gives each music upload its own individual line.
  •  

Marius P.

You can add required to the select in the component, that will force the user to have to select a category.
Images not uploading, something you'll have to check server-side, starting from the error log.
There is no carousel for music.
  •  

dbristylez0831

Thanks for replying the component you are speaking of is where exactly? And you said the pictures are server side, so that means my hosting is yet again responsible for sabotaging my website. SMH
  •