Updating v.5

Started by max18121980,

Previous topic - Next topic

max18121980Topic starter

I think it would be useful if the updates are stored in a separate folder with the name of the version update, which will be located only changed files, and not all in a row. Since each can be made personal changes in the code of a site, and that we clearly understand what files will be replaced.
  •  

DeadFish

Quote from: max18121980 on
I think it would be useful if the updates are stored in a separate folder with the name of the version update, which will be located only changed files, and not all in a row. Since each can be made personal changes in the code of a site, and that we clearly understand what files will be replaced.

This is actually a good idea. Yet he does tell the specific directories in the patch column in the forums. Yet your idea is good.
  •  

yafe3

follow this thread Mario already think about this and create a thread for it , almost every day there is couple things fixed, depend on the priority of the issue he think need to be fixed firs, just download the latest PHPVIBE version from the store and follow the thread and copy the files he mention in the patches thread and re upload them, i did that and my website its fixed a lot of issue
until he is done
http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/232/v5-patches/
  •  

Marius P.

The problem with his thinking, he thinks of something like Wordpress, but even on Wordpress if you have theme changes when the theme updates you loose them.
I've always asked you guys to have a custom.css file where you hook all of your changes.
The good thing about css is it can override previous styles.

As for transition from v4 to v5 it could have not been done smoother since the js files are not the same, the css UI is different (bootstrap 3 has other rules than bootstrap 2), so you can't really make a smooth transition.

When it comes to us, we need to cover the framework's better usage, what you have changed it's not something we can deal with, actually nobody does that, because it's impossible to predict.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

max18121980Topic starter

I suggested it, as was done with the updates in version 4. Then did Alexander. If my ideas are bad, I will not write more posts.
  •  

Marius P.

It's not about being bad. v4 had the same skeleton as v3, this is why it was simpler. v5 doesn't, it has a new full UI.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •