Video Uploads

Started by Bob.Weston,

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob.WestonTopic starter

Hi,

am using the most current version 6.33 and have everything setup correctly.
I have full root access and can change whatever I want.
I have read through all the troubleshooting but cannot figure out why no videos will go to the Media folder.
All the permissions are set correctly and the videos upload to the rawmedia folder but that is it, it goes no further.
I did the test.avi thing and it all works so FFMPEG must be OK.
The only thing I was unable to do in the troubleshooting is  bring up the videocron.php, it keeps saying 404 error but the file is on the server.
What can I do in this situation?
Do I need to edit something in the videocron.php for it to work?
Also to be noted, in the admin dashboard I see the uploaded videos under rawmedia but nothing in unpublished.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Bob
  •  

Bob.WestonTopic starter

I guess there is no help on this website and I will have to revert back to version 4.0 which always worked like a charm.
I have tried everything possible and still cannot get the MediaVibe 6 versions to work.
  •  

PHPVibe R

Hi,

What what I see there you have a permission/ownership issue with videocron.php, check that server side.
Help on the forums? No, no help on the forums, but support can help.
Important!
The forums are not intended for support! There is Dedicated support available.
The troubleshooting can help a lot!
  •  

Bob.WestonTopic starter

Is OK, I changed to ClipBucket which works fine. Renders the videos perfectly with FFMPEG.
Thanks for the reply though.
  •  

jejeroy

Good Luck with Clipbucket well if you want i can help you out with FFMPEG trouble this cms is way easier than clipbucket in term of ffmpeg configuration all you need is the perfect server configuration for phpvibe 6 the hosting requirement is really specific for this version i was using clipbucket before and trust me now that i know how phpvibe 6 work i wont return back to cb !
  •  

Bob.WestonTopic starter

Hi,

thanks for the offer. I was the same way and changed to Vibe and swore I would never go back. All was well until MediaVibe 6. I had it all working well until I had to upgrade the server kernel + went from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7. I am sure it has something to do with the Apache build because I am very competent with FFMPEG. I always get it to work with any configuration, just give up on it because I have been trying for about a month now. I know the FFMPEG is working because I can use the test file and it converts. Clip bucket released a new version and it is way better than when I used to use it, you can actually tweak it a lot easier than with this. Thanks for the offer but I am going to stick with ClipBucket, for one it is free and secondly, if there is no one here to support the product you buy without asking for more money, I'll pass.
  •  

Kobola

Quote from: Bob.Weston on
... if there is no one here to support the product you buy without asking for more money, I'll pass.
I'm quite feeling the same way...
MediaVibe 6 has some challenges concerning video conversion (ffmpeg) and to get the support for something you didn't do you have to pay...
  •  

Marius P.

Hi,

Anyone considered checking or posting here the ffmpeg log from admin? Kinda hard to think and answer something without that.
I still get good converted videos with v6. Also, check this https://www.phpvibe.com/video-upload-issues/
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •