new account creation issue

Started by qadribrothers,

Previous topic - Next topic

qadribrothersTopic starter

Hello,
I have created new site at hostgator VPS but when i go to create admin "website.com/setup" it do nothing just create tables in Database but it did't create any admin account.
Plz Guide me.
after click on "Create Admin" following message shows
http://prntscr.com/au3jlo
but no admin exist.
Thanku
  •  

Marius P.

Hi, use v5, the setup was improved a bit.
Else, check the error_log on server and post it, so I can actually guide you.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

[17-Apr-2016 22:08:21 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'EpiOAuthBadRequestException' in /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/lib/twitter/EpiOAuth.php:430
Stack trace:
#0 /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/lib/twitter/EpiOAuth.php(404): EpiOAuthException::raise(Object(EpiCurlManager), false)
#1 /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/lib/twitter/EpiOAuth.php(45): EpiOAuthResponse->__get('oauth_token')
#2 /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/index.php(44): EpiOAuth->getAuthenticateUrl(NULL, Array)
#3 {main}
  thrown in /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/lib/twitter/EpiOAuth.php on line 430
[17-Apr-2016 22:08:21 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'EpiOAuthBadRequestException' in /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/lib/twitter/EpiOAuth.php:430
Stack trace:
#0 /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/lib/twitter/EpiOAuth.php(404): EpiOAuthException::raise(Object(EpiCurlManager), false)
#1 /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/lib/twitter/EpiOAuth.php(45): EpiOAuthResponse->__get('oauth_token')
#2 /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/index.php(44): EpiOAuth->getAuthenticateUrl(NULL, Array)
#3 {main}
  thrown in /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/lib/twitter/EpiOAuth.php on line 430
[18-Apr-2016 22:12:24 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'EpiOAuthBadRequestException' in /home/bollywoodnews/public_html/colors.trade/lib/twitter/EpiOAuth.php:430
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
  •  

Marius P.

All I see there is Twitter class exceptions. Anything else?
Try to create a new admin from setup, and then go to the log (if the log is limited to last entries)
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Hi,
V5 also not creating Admin, any solution ?
  •  

i tried v5 on Hostgator Shared Hosting it work there but not working at Hostgator VPS.
i am facing one more issue with v5 at shared hosting, the video overly ad not appearing on video, it just load it for some seconds and then it will disappear.
  •  

Marius P.

Quote from: qadribrothers on
Hi,
V5 also not creating Admin, any solution ?

Give me the error log, I can't guess what the issue is with no info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhEQ7KxeiLg
  •  

spirog

when trying to register for a new user account (front end of script) vibe 5 latest updates

how can i get you a error log - its not working correctly -- wont send email to verify, user is created ( just inactive)
is there a file i need to edit to send an email verification or is this not complete yet ??
i did not try login with google or facebook twitter

just regular signup - with google security (that part works)

thanks
not sure - i got email from server that a script has access to send mail
smtp and phpmail

so i am not certain how to get this setup

Spiro
  •  

awsjulio

@qadribrothers - this might be silly, but have you checked the database user privileges? I spent 30mins trying to create admin account on a fresh install and it said I was "done" on setup but I couldn't login. When I checked phpMyAdmin the database was empty...turns out my new server does not automatically add privileges to database users and the /setup will validate as everything being ok. Worth checking out.

@Mario - I am having an issue with normal user registrations. It just takes you to a blank page, no messages or anything. Account isn't created.
Also in Moderator > Settings > Site & Globals > Maintenance - doesn't work for me. I select Maintenance ON and Save and it reverts to OFF. Site stays online.

Thanks for the good work on V5 btw, worth the wait/upgrade fee!
  •  

spirog

[qoute/]
@Mario - I am having an issue with normal user registrations. It just takes you to a blank page, no messages or anything. Account isn't created.
[/quote]

o too get the same issue but user is created, and inactive, cant set to active... no option

thanks

Spiro vibe 5 fresh install
  •  

spirog

WORKS NOW :) downloaded and made all updates again.. works

thanks @Mario
  •  

Marius P.

Quote from: awsjulio on
Also in Moderator > Settings > Site & Globals > Maintenance - doesn't work for me. I select Maintenance ON and Save and it reverts to OFF. Site stays online.

Hi! Enable error_reporting on top of index.php from 0 to E_ALL, so an error pops, of check the error log.
See that you have captcha keys in Settings.
I've noticed also the Maintenance issue, it will be patched.
  •  

prat

Hello Mario

I have created all Facebook logins/registrations and Google Recaptcha Key for my website and both are working on my site but still I am having an issue with normal user registrations. On facebook im getting this error

array(10) { ["fid"]=> string(15) "571397986368439" ["name"]=> string(14) "Selfiy Channel" ["username"]=> string(14) "selfiy-channel" ["email"]=> NULL ["local"]=> NULL ["country"]=> NULL ["bio"]=> NULL ["gender"]=> NULL ["avatar"]=> string(160) "https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ash2/v/t1.0-1/p200x200/10599610_360114214163485_1904185264558597307_n.jpg?oh=638da3c27b4abbf2becf6f310eae735c&oe=57BB5C12" ["type"]=> string(8) "facebook" } Error. Please go back

And with Google Recaptcha Key through normal registration Everytime I got this message "The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it again reCAPTCHA error: invalid-json; "

2) I can't Creat Second Media Block with "Create a media block With Restrict media"....

"Moderator/Frontpage/Create a media block With Restrict media"

IT will created one block with Media with categories  but after creating second block with second categories it is not showing on website's INDEX page 

regards
prat
  •  

awsjulio

Quote from: @Mario on
Hi! Enable error_reporting on top of index.php from 0 to E_ALL, so an error pops, of check the error log.
See that you have captcha keys in Settings.
I've noticed also the Maintenance issue, it will be patched.

This is what I get now:
The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it again reCAPTCHA error: invalid-json;

The captcha is being selected properly, tried many time.
  •  

spirog

http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/232/v5-patches/

did you download new .zip file and update everything today ?..  just update every folder/file
Also All patches modify moderator/version.php so always upload and overwrite this file.

DO NOT UPDATE A FEW FOLDERS - FILES
(not these folders below)
Cache
Media
Rawmedia
Setup
uploads
(not these files below)
hold
vibe_config.php

then try again :)
  •  

awsjulio

Quote from: spirog on
http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/232/v5-patches/

did you download new .zip file and update everything today ?..  just update every folder/file
Also All patches modify moderator/version.php so always upload and overwrite this file.

DO NOT UPDATE A FEW FOLDERS - FILES
(not these folders below)
Cache
Media
Rawmedia
Setup
uploads
(not these files below)
hold
vibe_config.php

then try again :)

Yeah, all fresh files as of a couple of hours ago
  •  

DeadFish

Quote from: awsjulio on
@qadribrothers - this might be silly, but have you checked the database user privileges? I spent 30mins trying to create admin account on a fresh install and it said I was "done" on setup but I couldn't login. When I checked phpMyAdmin the database was empty...turns out my new server does not automatically add privileges to database users and the /setup will validate as everything being ok. Worth checking out.

Good thing you pointed this out. Being I just noticed it as well. Like Mario said. He'll most likely have it figured out during the patch.

It's always good to have this many testers helping him to improve the template.
  •  

Marius P.

Yeah, grateful to you guys and working as fast as I can.

For registrations, seems there is an issue when captcha has no keys.

For Captcha always turning wrong...I can't reproduce that. But as I see the error is mostly for the old captcha popping on Google, so please make sure you update com/com_register.php and try again.
Make sure the keys are for the new captcha "Are you human" and not for Recaptcha 2.

For Facebook, that error is logical, since the output from Facebook is all null, I will look into it, see if it needs any updating. I can login on my site, but that's not conclusive. I'll try to break it somehow. But, best if you check your app, there may be new settings unchecked after they've upgraded their developers site.
  •  

prat

Mario Please look into it..

2) I can't Creat Second Media Block with "Create a media block With Restrict media"....

"Moderator/Frontpage/Create a media block With Restrict media"

IT will created one block with Media with categories  but after creating second block with second categories it is not showing on website's INDEX page 

regards
prat
  •  

Marius P.

I can do that. Going to debug further tho.
  •  

awsjulio

Quote from: @Mario on
Yeah, grateful to you guys and working as fast as I can.

For registrations, seems there is an issue when captcha has no keys.

For Captcha always turning wrong...I can't reproduce that. But as I see the error is mostly for the old captcha popping on Google, so please make sure you update com/com_register.php and try again.
Make sure the keys are for the new captcha "Are you human" and not for Recaptcha 2.

For Facebook, that error is logical, since the output from Facebook is all null, I will look into it, see if it needs any updating. I can login on my site, but that's not conclusive. I'll try to break it somehow. But, best if you check your app, there may be new settings unchecked after they've upgraded their developers site.

I feel like i've tried everything I can with registrations. At this point I just want to provide as much information as possible to hopefully figure this out soon.

• I just downloaded and replaced all cms files less than 1 hour ago with no luck (including com/com_register of course)
  • I have deleted my recaptcha account and generated new Site Keys and Secret Keys. I am using the latest recaptcha: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/

My Logins settings are :
Allow Facebook logins/registrations: NO
Allow Google logins/registrations: NO
Allow local (mail & password) registrations: Yes
Google Recaptcha Key: Site Key & Secret Key
Cookie security data: cookie key:random key, salt: 8 chars, cookie split: -random-

*registrations aren't working with or without recaptcha keys

I really have tried everything with no luck, no error in log other than:
The reCAPTCHA wasn't entered correctly. Go back and try it again reCAPTCHA error: invalid-json;

when you submit the page stalls for a second or two before giving you that error.

Also just to point out just in case. When I did a fresh install of v5 the Cookie security data fields were originally empty, I believe this was automatically generated in V3/V4. I got my settings from an old database file from an old v4 install backup.
  •  

spirog

Cookie security data: cookie key:random key, salt: 8 chars, cookie split: -random-

when you say this cookie key: did you add letters numbers here ??
salt: actual letters and numbers ??
cookie split: actual number letters ??

logged in to google and created a new google key
  •  

awsjulio

Quote from: spirog on

when you say this cookie key: did you add letters numbers here ??
salt: actual letters and numbers ??
cookie split: actual number letters ??

logged in to google and created a new google key

To be more specific, these were transferred from settings of a v4 database.
cookie key: a key consisting of random numbers and letters
salt: 8 characters consisting of random number and letters
split: dash letters dash

these are of course unrelated to googles keys...
  •  

spirog

try no dashes i have all number and letters in those areas.. see if that may have cause the issue ?
  •  

Marius P.

For the recaptcha it beats me a bit too, since it's the first time I work with it.
I've did the integration in PHPVibe as per their docs.

But I see here there are others which have issues http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30106668/nocaptcha-returning-error-invalid-json

The tip is to change to

$recaptcha = new \ReCaptcha\ReCaptcha($secret, new \ReCaptcha\RequestMethod\CurlPost());

So, trying this in PHPVibe would be to open com/com_register.php and find this:

$recaptcha = new \ReCaptcha\ReCaptcha(get_option('recap-secret'));

and modify it with
$recaptcha = new \ReCaptcha\ReCaptcha(get_option('recap-secret'), new \ReCaptcha\RequestMethod\CurlPost());

Hope this works!
  •