New PHPVIBE 5 (Beta testing DISCUSSION)

Started by yafe3,

Previous topic - Next topic

yafe3Topic starter

Hi we will discuss  the new PHPVIBE  VERSION 5
in this thread  ...
How far did  you  like it ?
Did the new  version  meet your  expectations?
Any suggestions?
Don't  forget  to thank  Mario  an his team  i think  they deserve  a respect  and thanks
Thank  you  for the great  work   8)
  •  

spirog

THANKS FOR NEW VERSION !!!!! IM happy to be a new user of this script. really awesome so far. hope new script is even nicer than 4.22

Best option since i just started and was just testing,,, do i do update to 5.0 or do i just reinstall 5.0 fresh ??

anyone on this as advice >

thanks Mario and Team :)

From the Greek - Spiro   che fach  bene bene
  •  

avlim

•  

ASDF

How can you do this Mario...no upgrade for old users?
when I purchased this script the terms and conditions read that you will never be charged for upgrades and the upgrades are for life time. Logically it must be the new users who should not be given advantage at such low cost, we guys were waiting for more than a year for some particular updates which you have provided now and at last, we are unable to enjoy these features and upgrades.
  •  

nguyenhuy

Can't import old database for new script
  •  

neospider69

does transcoding works for you guys on v5?
  •  

neospider69

ok, the issue is php, my php is at /usr/local/bin/php, worked ok with v4, ffmpeg works, but when i upload, it does not transcode, but still creates the thumb.

Any ideia @Mario?
  •  

Marius P.

Hi guys! It's still work in progress.
I've applied two patches last night to:

- sqlupdater.php (mismatched prefix for conversation messages table)
- tpl/main/images-loop.php (sharing links where blank)

I haven't announced it just because it's in beta and not all elements are final, or checked.

Upgrading should be simple:

- Redownload (best way)

Keep:
- /media
- /uploads
- vibe_config.php (easiest way to keep is to delete the one in the new v5 pack before uploading)

At the bottom of vibe_config.php add

/* Choose between mysqli (improved) (Note: beta wrapper in PHPVibe) and mysql */
 define( 'cacheEngine', 'mysqli' );

To switch it to mysql improved.
Else it will keep using mysql as database engine.

Upload and fire up sqlupgrade.php to get the new database upgrades in place.
Else, the files have been changed.

Make sure you chmod /moderator/alog.txt to 0777 or your writeable number.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Marius P.

Quote from: neospider69 on
ok, the issue is php, my php is at /usr/local/bin/php, worked ok with v4, ffmpeg works, but when i upload, it does not transcode, but still creates the thumb.

Any ideia @Mario?

Check ffmpeg logs at the admin menu (near the bottom).
Make sure /moderator/alog.txt is writeable.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

neospider69

Hi Mario, the txt file is writable, but its blank, no info written
  •  

Marius P.

•  

Marius P.

Btw, did you add anything in the qualities under Settings -> FFMPEG Conversion ?
  •  

neospider69

•  

Marius P.

change quality to 480 only

See the conversion command down for 480, what is it? Cause vf scaling doesn't work for 480, try the old static one (botton of the page has a default for the v4).

•  

neospider69

•  

Marius P.

i believe you're having the same issue at videoinedit?

http://www.videoinedit.com/insidios-sample-mkv/12215/

Seems so
QuoteAdmin log (alog.txt)Removed /home/videoine/public_html/media/37e548f9fadbf34a6af01e52ea3d7bb1-480.mp4 for 0 filesize Removed /home/videoine/public_html/media/37e548f9fadbf34a6af01e52ea3d7bb1-480.mp4 for 0 filesize Removed /home/videoine/public_html/media/37e548f9fadbf34a6af01e52ea3d7bb1-480.mp4 for 0 filesize Removed /home/videoine/public_html/media/37e548f9fadbf34a6af01e52ea3d7bb1-480.mp4 for 0 filesize Removed /home/videoine/public_html/media/37e548f9fadbf34a6af01e52ea3d7bb1-480.mp4 for 0 filesize Removed /home/videoine/public_html/media/37e548f9fadbf34a6af01e52ea3d7bb1-480.mp4 for 0 filesize Removed /home/videoine/public_html/media/37e548f9fadbf34a6af01e52ea3d7bb1-480.mp4 for 0 filesize Removed /home/videoine/public_html/media/3cccbff5a92ee82ce9b34c93731ac4d6-400hd.mp4 for 0 filesize Removed /home/videoine/public_html/media/37e548f9fadbf34a6af01e52ea3d7bb1-480.mp4 for 0 filesize

I've changed settings and looking to see what's up.

One thing to remember is this in videocron.php:
if($call <= ($size + 100)) {

What this does is compare $size (the video height) + 100 (margin) with the $call which is the height setup in admin (or reached at  that time in the loop).
If it doesn't fits, it will skip the video, avoiding scaling up the video.

•  

neospider69

Hope that is an easy fix.

anything that i can help just give me a shout
  •  

Marius P.

Hope that is an easy fix.

anything that i can help just give me a shout

Thank you!
But simple try to edit your conversion command in the admin for that quality. One will work for you.
  •  

neospider69

the same convertion setting is working in v4, i do find it quite weird that its the command it self
  •  

Marius P.

Does cache clean?

Do a print_r($to); under it's definition in videocron.php and load it in the browser.
Also, see if ffmpeg is fired in server processes.
  •  

ASDF

Hi
Mario, are you guys sure that old users won't get the upgrade, i am talking about the promise phpvibe team had/made when i first purchased the phpvibe, it read "lifetime upgrades"...now what?

I know i can't/mustn't argue with you, but think for a moment....what about the upgrades we were waiting for from last one year or more, either you should have first provided the upgrades or you should have released the phpvibe v5.0 as a new theme for everyone...and not letting user from 2015-2016 enjoy the upgrade at such a low price, i know your team is low on budget, but strategies like this won't let you grow, think of something else.
I am not even thinking that you will change your mind, but in future you must let everyone know about any sensitive issue.

And finally just tell me , is there any chance of old users getting the upgrade, after some time or anything like that?
  •  

Marius P.

Hi! ASDF the rules have changed since 2-3 years ago, the only lifetime is "availability for license", means we won't clear your keys no matter what.
I'm not sure why 30 euro is such a big deal, if you have somebody make a messaging system for you they would charge you 100+ for something less.
And that's not the only change.

Theoretically and by the T.O.S. we should have had clients after 18th of april 2015 upgrade free, but we've extended to those from 1 january 2015.

As for low budget, I assume this is the last major upgrade for PHPVibe, since 2015 the interest in video scripts have went down massively, sales volume is down by 78%.
I took more than a month to code this myself because there was no way to hire help, you can understand by this that budget is a big issue, one that for now at least puts under the question if there will ever be a v6 version of PHPVibe (or if it will be built by us, project sale is a discussed option at the company ).

With this in mind, I wanted to release it free for everybody, I truly did, no matter what the T.O.S. said, but I am afraid I got kicked in the face by the reality the moment Cristina showed me the sales volume for this month.

I'm sorry, but as much as I love PHPVibe, it still has to support itself by sales. Adding this tax was really necessarily.
  •  

yafe3Topic starter

Hi
before i do the update i turned the maintenance on from the admin then i did the update
i uploaded the on maintenance file  cleaned cash but still there no access to user
only admins the upgrade its fine site work fine ? any help
  •  

Marius P.

Quote from: yafe3 on
Hi
before i do the update i turned the maintenance on from the admin then i did the update
i uploaded the on maintenance file  cleaned cash but still there no access to user
only admins the upgrade its fine site work fine ? any help

Hi, there is no difference between user and admin when maintenance is on all get same message.
Make sure your fullcache is delete.
I assume this is a v4 issue and should not be here, since v5 has no fullcache.
  •  

Marius P.

the same convertion setting is working in v4, i do find it quite weird that its the command it self

I think I've got it, on some videos the result of the sizing is different. So it returns 0 on the height, causing the algo to skip the video on size compare.
  •