[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Avoiding Spam

Started by boydie100,

Previous topic - Next topic

boydie100Topic starter

Hi,

I haven't read the license but I imagine the footer link has to stay in place

Powered by PHPVibe

This might cause a problem as a simple google command intext:"Powered by PHPVibe" reveals all the sites indexed by Google that use this script, spammers will be able to use this footprint to find sites and then spam them with dead users and comments.

The option to switch off the footer link might help, I know this doesn't stop the hardcore spammers from finding a footprint but it'll stop the majority of them.

•  

Marius P.

Nobody said you can't remove it, just we don't offer support for that.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

boydie100Topic starter

Can you tell me how to change it to an image and make the link nofollow, another way for spammers to find the sites would be to see which sites link to phpvibe using ahrefs.com

I understand that you need clients to promote the script for updates, but if the sites get spammed to death then people will move to other scripts
  •  

Marius P.

Do you actually are experiencing spam? Cause I haven't had automatic spam since ages, and you can always shut down manual signups for full spam eradication.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

boydie100Topic starter

I haven't as of yet, however I got signups on a brand new domain not in Google, the signups look bogus
  •  

luca2012

So we can remore it, I mean, Powered by PHPVibe....

Thanks for your fast reply
  •