[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Bad Response: 500 Internal Server Error

Started by maniacboxer,

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexH

Quote from: ronyhage on
I am still having this issue, I am not a coder and Alex advised me to speak with my host company, but how should I tell them about this problem in their technical language?

give me a link to try and see the error.

ronyhage

ok basically my hosting company came back to me with the below answer:

The error you reported usually occurs because of problems in your PHP code. Your script returns bad HTTP headers. We did not find any problems on the server and all video scripts work perfectly for our other customers.

However when we visited http://www.doodeo.com/rawmedia/ to run more tests, you had blocked access to it. It gives a 404 message and "access not allowed".
  •  

PHPVibe A.

That guy is an idiot, if he believed an index.html page is an actual 404 page :)))
That's there for hackers/guests/etc to not list and copy bulk you videos :))
Tell them to give you an smarter guy, if he could not figure this out, I'm sure he can't help you with the error, just write some bullshit to move the blame.

I can tell the same : I use it on many domains and we have thousands of customers, the script works!
But I'm sure this does not make you happy or fixes your conflict with the html5 file api uploads.

The receivers are lib/upload.php (if not using ffmpeg) and lib/upload-ffmpeg.php (if using ffmpeg), rawmedia is just an storage folder for raw uploads.
This is what he should have checked.

ronyhage

I can't believe their reply:

We didn't know if it was an index.html file or a php file. We don't search our customers' files, this is not allowed.

As already explained, all other FFMPEG PHP scripts are working fine on our servers and none of our other customers have ever complained for any issues. We don't know what happens on other hosts, they might be running old, outdated PHP or FFMPEG versions.
We keep PHP and FFMPEG always updated to their latest versions because especially with PHP there are serious security issues on old versions. A skilled developer should know how to make scripts run properly on new PHP versions..
  •  

ronyhage

Do you think upgrading to 3.5 would do the job? and would you be able to do that for me as I am no coder and I really don't want to do a mistake and lose everything.
  •  

ronyhage

I tried following Marios steps for the upgrade but I did not get this step:

Step 4: Database upgrade

Inside the PHPVibe archive there are 2 files, up3to5.php and up4to5.php

Copy both to the your intal's root and execute the one for your version in the browser:

- up3to5.php converts the PHPVibe 3.3 into a 3.5 database
- up4to5.php converts the PHPVibe 3.4 into a 3.5 database

If you have rushed to download 3.5 and does not have this file, download and use an fresh archive.

So basically just upload "up4to5.php" in my public_html? or where?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

So basically just upload "up4to5.php" in my public_html? or where?

Yes, and you visit it in a browser as I have already explained you in the previous thread.

A skilled developer can build scripts for any servers, but an custom script like PHPVibe goes to 10.000$ at least.
For production scripts they need to fit on most servers, and I assure you that PHPVibe runs on the latest upgrades, not the upgrades are the problems, there are weird permissions/ownerships in your account, or they use some sort of protections modules with conflict with the html5 file api uploader (which is next generation, last time I've checked ;) )

What are the permissions on the receivers? (I've listed them up)

ronyhage

Quote from: Alexander on
Yes, and you visit it in a browser as I have already explained you in the previous thread.

A skilled developer can build scripts for any servers, but an custom script like PHPVibe goes to 10.000$ at least.
For production scripts they need to fit on most servers, and I assure you that PHPVibe runs on the latest upgrades, not the upgrades are the problems, there are weird permissions/ownerships in your account, or they use some sort of protections modules with conflict with the html5 file api uploader (which is next generation, last time I've checked ;) )

What are the permissions on the receivers? (I've listed them up)

Hi alex,

this was their reply:

The permissions of the files were set to 0600 (not executable). They should be set to 755 we did this now for you. Setting the permissions can be done via FTP or cPanel file manager, please inform your developers (although all PHP developers already know that PHP executable files should have the executable permission for being able to run).

I am looking to change another host, but I am shitting my pants honestly to go through all this again, install the script, point it to my domain, and all this that I did at the beginning (because I am a non coder, I find it difficult and mentally tiring) so you think theres a chance with these people to fix this since everything is already in place with them?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

If you had the files non-executable, no wonder you had errors.
I can't advice you on hosting change matters, only on script.

ronyhage

If you had the files non-executable, no wonder you had errors.
I can't advice you on hosting change matters, only on script.

so if i tell them to make it executable, it will work?

and it was on 0600 and now 755, what should it be?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

ronyhage

•  

ronyhage

They already did it for you.
http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/309527-understanding-linux-file-permissions

Ok I think im understanding a little more, I just have one question:

Which file in the root is responsible for the pc video uploads, in other words which file should I make it writable?
  •  

ronyhage

•  

PHPVibe A.

Ok I think im understanding a little more, I just have one question:

Which file in the root is responsible for the pc video uploads, in other words which file should I make it writable?

You have all the answers to this question up.

ronyhage

You have all the answers to this question up.

I set all folders on 755, and files on 755 or 644. but still can't upload a video from pc.

I attached a pic.
  •  

ronyhage

- I did the FFMPEG test and it was ok:
File to convert: test.avi
Converted file: test.mp4
Command send to server: ffmpeg -i test.avi -vcodec libx264 -s 640x360 -threads 4 -movflags faststart test.mp4

- I changed all permissions for folders to 755, and files to 755 or 644

- I talked to my hosting company and said there is something with the script.

- I talk to you guys, and you just throw words at me like i am suppose to understand, I mean you know I am not a developer.

- I am honestly scared to move to another hosting company as I realized in other threads some people are having difficulties.

- I mean I tried doing everything you guys asked for but we are not being able to find a solution for it :-\

- I know sometimes I ask stupid questions, but common you are the people I am learning from as a non developer.

- My host runs on SuPHP.

- in the index.php file in root it is already error_reporting(E_ALL);

What can we do?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

It's pretty hard to impossible for me to tell what's wrong and what to do on your setup.
I've never used suPHP, because it always caused me issues with an custom cms I have built for one of my sites (not PHPVibe).

But Google may help:

http://www.liquidweb.com/kb/file-upload-problems/
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=687429
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/file-uploads-and-suphp
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?594310-suPHP-amp-problems-on-my-server-I-need-help-advice

drwho

Hello I have this same problem can anyone tell me what the fix is?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: drwho on
Hello I have this same problem can anyone tell me what the fix is?

I've already messaged you.
'The fix' depends on the actual problem on the server.
So, give as many details as possible so we can help.