[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Customizing the main theme and problem on the use of non-English characters

Started by abrishet,

Previous topic - Next topic

abrishetTopic starter

Hi there, I am new for phpvibe. I am using version 3.6b. I have few questions about the script. Is it possible to customize the main theme so that to add some wedgets like stat about videos, or list of new articles both on the left and right columns of the theme? Mainly I want to have a means to customize the pages of the default theme using the admin control panel. My second question is when non English characheres are used on the title of the page the URL generated for the video will trancate those non English characters and this is the problem that I faced while I attempt to use non English characters. This problem persists when I use non English characters in the tags. When tags are clicked the script will search a null string. Please fix this problem. For demonestration you can see this link. http://www.zementube.com/video/1268/-/
Thank you.
  •  

Marius P.

Hi,

for the SEF problem, this will fix it for foreign languages http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/how-to/url-name/msg18875/#msg18875

For customising the theme from the admin panel, for now there are no hidden controls, just what you see, no widgets for now.
You can edit the theme in /tpl/main, and if you search the forum you will find many topics related to adding things to the sidebar, and so on.
Also, older version have statistics, so you may want to check the /older releases folder in your download for working code samples.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

abrishetTopic starter

•  

abrishetTopic starter

The fix for the non-English characters is not working for me. I usually use Amharic language characters. and all are dropped and only English characters and numbers are appended on the url. If you have any alternate solution please help me. Thank you
  •  

abrishetTopic starter

Now I have fixed the problem of the Amharic (i.e Ethiopian language)  characters issue. Thank you all
  •  

Marius P.

Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •