[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Facebook login error

Started by Abraham,

Previous topic - Next topic

AbrahamTopic starter

When I try to create an account for login with Facebook, there is an error
Invalid Scopes: read_friendlists. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions
  •  

PHPVibe A.

viveo

•  

PHPVibe A.

AbrahamTopic starter

I installed clean version of PhpVibe, downloaded on 23.05.2015.(the day before yesterday). Do I need to install patches manually or they are in package?
  •  

PHPVibe A.

The last patch is commited a week ago, so it's already contained in the release. Every topic has date, and the script has the last version and it's current version in the moderator's first page, it even tells you when it's older than current patch.

AbrahamTopic starter

Today on 28 may of 2015 I downloaded fresh copy from phpvibe and installed. The problem is still there.
1) Where exactly find patch 18 Removed Facebook's deprecated scopes from the login in /vibe_setts.php?
2) Maybe during this day something has changes on Facebook side, I have seen similar problems on some other sites too, but on http://www.videoinedit.com login is normal
  •  

PHPVibe A.

1. I'm not sure what you are asking, in vibe_setts.php we did a change, removed that scope from the list of scopes.

//Facebook callback fields(default values, it can be empty)
$conf_facebook['fields'] = 'id,name,first_name,last_name,email';

2. Videoinedit is updated with this change...

AbrahamTopic starter

//Facebook permissions(default values)
$conf_facebook['permissions'] = 'email,user_status,read_friendlists';

Worked, only if remove read_friendlists. Will it make a problem in future?
  •  

thenutz

Facebook login not working since 1 June
I'm getting these errors
Notice: Undefined index: username in /home/xxx/public_html/callback.php on line 61
Notice: Undefined index: bio in /home/xxx/public_html/callback.php on line 66
  •  

thenutz

•  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: Abraham on
//Facebook permissions(default values)
$conf_facebook['permissions'] = 'email,user_status,read_friendlists';

Worked, only if remove read_friendlists. Will it make a problem in future?

No. We're not using the friends list.

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: thenutz on
Facebook login not working since 1 June
I'm getting these errors
Notice: Undefined index: username in /home/xxx/public_html/callback.php on line 61
Notice: Undefined index: bio in /home/xxx/public_html/callback.php on line 66

Check your facebook app, not sure if you need some extra settings.
Also, check your callback.php errors, maybe sometimes was enabled (mod_security ?) and kills the page (the return from fb has a lot of url variables)

smackd40

Make sure you submit the app for review to facebook before using the facebook login or user encounters a permission error when they attempt to register or login with fb.  You can remove the additional settings from your settings file or submit the fb app for review and get approved and hopefully everything will work then.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: smackd40 on
Make sure you submit the app for review to facebook before using the facebook login or user encounters a permission error when they attempt to register or login with fb.  You can remove the additional settings from your settings file or submit the fb app for review and get approved and hopefully everything will work then.

Hi! Good tips!

matigemelli

i have this error when i trying to login via facebook

Notice: Undefined variable: user_profile in /home/zopear/public_html/callback.php on line 51

Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/zopear/public_html/callback.php on line 59

Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/zopear/public_html/callback.php on line 60

Notice: Undefined index: username in /home/zopear/public_html/callback.php on line 61

Notice: Undefined index: email in /home/zopear/public_html/callback.php on line 62

Notice: Undefined index: email in /home/zopear/public_html/callback.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined index: bio in /home/zopear/public_html/callback.php on line 66

Notice: Undefined index: gender in /home/zopear/public_html/callback.php on line 67
Error. Please go back
  •  

ValentinoVaio

Quote from: Alexander on
Check your facebook app, not sure if you need some extra settings.
Also, check your callback.php errors, maybe sometimes was enabled (mod_security ?) and kills the page (the return from fb has a lot of url variables)

Hi I am getting the same error message. email, name... is undefined. I removed friendlist but now i am getting everything is undefined. My app is live and public and settings are fine. I cannot submit the app for review until the login is working fine. Goggle login is working fine. I am not sure what the issue is, do you have any suggestions?
  •  

SoundPiff

has anyone fixed this error? I tried what Mario said in newest post changing from the update but that still didnt work, all same errors and my facebook API is correct. Twitter and Google + same issues it is in the phpvibe coding.

awsjulio

Quote from: madhouse on
has anyone fixed this error? I tried what Mario said in newest post changing from the update but that still didnt work, all same errors and my facebook API is correct. Twitter and Google + same issues it is in the phpvibe coding.
After following those specific directions Mario provided I got it working. Not interested in Twitter or Google. Only tried it with FB.
  •  

Marius P.

Quote from: madhouse on

Twitter is deprecated, Google works fine, Facebook works fine with the changes applied.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •