[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Playing with Hooks, Actions and Filters...

Started by Madalin Adrian,

Previous topic - Next topic

Madalin AdrianTopic starter

I noticed that you took this idea from WordPress... so far that's a very good idea (or should I say brilliant?). The problem started when i tried to use it.

Take a look at this code:

<?php 

function content_for_html_head(){

$meta = '<!--

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce pharetra rhoncus dolor sit amet viverra.

-->';

$meta .= "\n";

return $meta;

}

function apply_filter_for_html_head() {

echo apply_filters('vibe_meta_filter', content_for_html_head());

}

add_action('vibe_header', 'apply_filter_for_html_head', 1);

So what's the problem then?

Using the `add_action` from above, the dummy lorem ipsum paragraph it is showed after `header_add` (the first filter from `tpl globals` - picture 1)

For the following code (with the third variable changed to 0) it is showed before `meta_add` filter, on the first line off the html output (pic. # 2)

add_action('vibe_header', 'apply_filter_for_html_head', 0);

For values >= 2 the output is displayed exactly as in case 1.

*My code was inspired from `/lib/functions.php` and `/tpl/main/tpl.globals.php`.

So... what should i do to get my lorem ipsum content exactly after the first filter (between `meta_add` and `header_add`)?

PS: Now this is what i call a problem...

PHPVibe Rocks!
  •  

I can't modify the first post anymore...

So the problem is with the priority.

Quote* @param integer $priority optional. Used to specify the order in which the functions associated with a particular action are executed (default=10, lower=earlier execution, and functions with the same priority are executed in the order in which they were added to the filter)

And this was from `/lib/functions.plugins.php` but i still don't understand why it is not working...
PHPVibe Rocks!
  •  

Marius P.

I will help you once all the filters are in place on rc2, they are a bit changed.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Quote from: @Mario on
I will help you once all the filters are in place on rc2, they are a bit changed.

Thank you.

You may also try to follow the wordpress way to use plugins: a special folder where you place your plugins, read some predefined settings frome one file (ex:settings.php), activate/deactivate the plugin from admin and maybe a options page in admin taking advantage in this way of the new added options api.

That would be great!

PHPVibe Rocks!
  •  

Marius P.

That's the plan, but it won't be a short development to get there.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

PHPVibe Rocks!
  •  

Marius P.

How will that help?
There is already a built system of hooks and filters 99% borrowed from Wordpress...basically every tutorial for WP should work on the matter, but I need to document available/predefined filters already in the script.
  •  

I was talking about this:

Quote from: Madalin Adrian on
You may also try to follow the wordpress way to use plugins: a special folder where you place your plugins, read some predefined settings frome one file (ex:settings.php), activate/deactivate the plugin from admin and maybe a options page in admin taking advantage in this way of the new added options api.

That would be great!

PHPVibe Rocks!
  •  

Marius P.

What difference would it make if you do a include line for the plugin in load.php for example?
Would be safer, I got hacked from Wp countless times.

I understand what you are saying and it sounds useful as we talked about, but security raises a bit of concern, also the extra query to check if the plugin is enabled or so...many have to many videos to afford extra queries on any page.
  •  

PHPVibe Rocks!
  •