[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] Views-Bug + Edit User > Group Bug

Started by ollipaust,

Previous topic - Next topic

ollipaustTopic starter

Hello,

today I experience 2 major bugs and I dont know why they happen.

First Bug:

Somehow, all videos have identical views (22, 23, 44)

Second Bug:

I wanted to edit the useraccount of my partner to set him as Admin, but there's this warning-message:

QuoteWarning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/jpaust/public_html/moderator/edit-user.php on line 60

I assume, these Bugs somehow occured due to modification of the template.
But all I did was editing the .css-files and some html-lines.

At this point I am not sure if phpVibe is the right software for me, since it's seems not very stable.

I appreciate any help.

Regards
  •  

PHPVibe A.

I can't confirm this user edit error, just tested it on all sites.
The only thing I can think of is that the vibe_users_groups table did not get populated on setup.
Can you check via phpmyadmin?

If this is the case, then this portion of sql (very end of setup/db.sql) did not run in setup:

INSERT INTO `#db-prefix#users_groups` (`id`, `name`, `admin`, `default_value`, `access_level`) VALUES
(1, 'Administrators', 1, 0, 3),
(4, 'Members', 0, 1, 1),
(3, 'Author', 0, 2, 2),
(2, 'Moderators', 0, 2, 2);

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: ollipaust on
First Bug:
Somehow, all videos have identical views (22, 23, 44)

Can you cross reference with analytics?
I think Google bot does not keep sessions thus it can create several extra views per video.

ollipaustTopic starter

Hi Alex,

Before I changed my hoster, everything worked fine.
I assume there are some parts of sql which where not loaded in the db.
I think this happened, because I installed phpVibe before I turned off mod_security.

Anyhow, I decided to delete all my files and start over again with the current version.
I used the whole time the 1. release-version of 3.5

I also decided to start the template over again, since I know a bit more now about the templates etc.

I really love your software and it has all what I wanted so I wont give up so easy!
  •  

PHPVibe A.

I can't say it's flawless, just reporting every issue will make it flawless, it's to short the time since 3.5 was released to have all the feedback, for now not even half of the clients have downloaded it (imagine not all who download install it).

ollipaustTopic starter

Please dont get me wrong, I didnt mean to say anything negative^^

I just mean, that I'm just a boy who is self-taught regarding programming & design.
Also I dont want to spam in this forum for every issue I have, cause I know you guys have
so much to do.

I always try to fix it on my own, if I cant then I post it here.
But mostly it's just too much for me, thats why I said it might be not the right software for me, personally.

In my opinion, phpVibe is the best videosharing-cms and has so much potental,
but I also know that you aren't a very huge company, but this is what I appreciate most.

I think most of the issues occur due to my inexperience, but I am looking forward to create a
good website with phpvibe!

I'll also try my best to help you guys and the people who needs help,
since I want to become personally better!

regards!

•