Better Idea for PHPVibe v5 Channels page

Started by DeadFish,

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadFishTopic starter

I've been pondering for a bit. On a way that would improve the appeal and functionality of the Browse Channels page for v5. Thus I came up with a way that not only improved the channels page. Yet may also improve the pop out Side Bar for Channels. When browsing the site.

PHPVibe should alter the 'Browse Channels' page to look like (http://rawranime.tv/list). I know you're thinking. Then how are people going to browse through user channels. Right above  'Settings' should be 'Channels'. When you hit the drop down. It lists all the channels of that site. Thus when you click on 1 of the channels in that drop down. It displays the Playlists or video content of that channel on that main body page on the right side.

It should have all the other features shown. Like categorizing that person channel by the '# - Z', 'Rating or Most Liked', 'Language' (Primarily spoken on that channel example: Russian, English, Japanese, etc. Whatever that user set their channel under), 'Year' (which can be turned to 'By Date', 'Season', and 'Genre' (This way people can distinguish what type of content it is).

If you literally do this, and set up the channels page this exact way. With that drop down feature. It should make it easier to link that feature to the sidebar pop out Channels list feature. Giving it more  functionality. That lets users pick and choose what to watch. Regardless of what page they are on. By that more functional categorization feature.

Mario I already know your extremely smart enough to pull this off. Being its pretty much a basic categorization system. Yet yo have the coding know how and skill to probably whip this up in a week of 2. If not less. This will literally boost the appeal of the template itself. Being it will be a more functional and original concept. That even youtube has yet to implement. Hopefully that pitch will also help in the templates sales growth. 
  •  

DeadFishTopic starter

In the Panel. You should set it up that for this feature. You can have your own 'Featured Channel' Playlist for the Channels Page or the ability to choose 'Default'. Which Default shows all the Channels on the Right side of the Categorization system on the left. This way you get a full display on a bigger scale of all the channels.

Hopefully you understand the concept I'm pitching.
  •  

Marius P.

Hi! This isn't something I am planning to build. But you can alter the channels list yourself, it is actually pretty simple.
This kind of things are more of a "user personal preference" and everybody likes them and wants them their own way, but the beauty of open code is that you can can create it and modify it as you wish.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •