Proxy Configuration

Started by Reinhard,

Previous topic - Next topic

ReinhardTopic starter

I miss a possibility to configure proxy-settings like:
port and credentials.

it is needed because I get following license error when logon in as a moderator, I think it has to do
with connecting to labs.phpvibe.com, we are behind a proxy.

License key check temporary or permanent fail
License key check with PHPVibe server has failed.
Please add the correct license key for the domain airbus.corp by editing the file vibe_config.php or check that your server can connect to labs.phpvibe.com

•  

Marius P.

Hi!

Not sure what the question is? I assume you need to whitelist labs.phpvibe.com or check your curl.
If your pc uses a proxy, is not impacting, the connection is made between your host and labs.phpvibe.com which only receives main domain name and license key and returns true or false.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

ReinhardTopic starter

hmm. then it is not a connection from the phpvibe-server to labs.phpvibe.com for checking the key?

I setup a virtual machine at my office and copied it to our customer becuase we got an order to set it up for this customer.
Here in my office everything is working but we dont use a proxy.
Then I copied the virtual machine to our customer and there they get the license problem,
our customer has a proxy server in front.
  •  

Marius P.

I'm not sure how that would affect ( It is also not my field of expertise, I'm a coder).
All I can tell you is that the main*.php file in admin is asking labs.phpvibe.com thoug a post if the key is valid for the domain it resides on.
You can also use the tester to see what results you get in there http://www.phpvibe.com/requirements/
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

ReinhardTopic starter

But it is a connection from the Server and not from the Host or?

there is no main*.php and what you mean with admin? this folder doesnt exists.

•  

Marius P.

Admin folder is /moderator and there are several main*.php files, where * is the number of the php configuration, it will load the one for present php version.
I'm not sure what you ask by Server and not Host, they are kinda the same thing?
  •  

ReinhardTopic starter

What I mean is when using an internet-browser, where on the server runs for example an apache with php
and you call a site then there a 2 different ways where the code is running, one is the php-code at the server-side and the other
is running local in your browser.
In the company where the copy of the virtual machine with phpvibe is running, is a proxy in their network.
Due to the fact, that the phpvibe configuration file has the same contents, the problem could not be the license information in there,
then it should be an problem with accessing for accessing labs.phpvibe.com because the proxy doesnt allow it.
Accesing any other sites in the internet is possible.
  •  

Marius P.

The validation request works server side, in the php file, it sends a cUrl request.
Not sure how I can help. not familiar at all with what you describe.
  •  

ReinhardTopic starter

thanks for your answer Mario.
In the meantime I also found that the request comes from the server.
Perhaps somebody else can help me.
Phpvibe has no configuration-part when a proxy-server is at the front.
But is this a functionality in the configuration of the apache-server?
Will phpvibe use the proxy configuration in that case?
  •  

neospider69

•  

Marius P.

PHPVibe just sends a post via cUrl holding the domain name and the license key, nothing else, no ip, no user ip, no server ip, no referral, nothing else, just this two.
  •  

ReinhardTopic starter

No, I cannot because I have no access to that system.
A ping is of no help.
The connection is made with port 80 and due to the fact that it is behind a proxy it cannout com through.
So I need at least at the apache webserver an example for a proxy-configuration but
I am not sure in this moment whether the php-script of phpvibe will also use it.
  •  

ReinhardTopic starter

Yes Mario, you are right that it uses curl to access the side but it cannot come through because port 80 is blocked,
the proxy in front use port 3128 and need credentials also
  •  

Marius P.

I'm not sure what's the issue with the proxy. If the request comes from ip, or proxy, is the same for our licensing system.
Told you, it just validates the input fields (domain, key).
I'm sorry I am incapable of understanding this deeper, just a php coder, systems were never my passion.
  •  

Marius P.

If it helps

$ch = curl_init ($serverurl);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); 
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POST, true);
curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $key_info);
$result = curl_exec ($ch);
$result = json_decode($result, true);
  •  

ReinhardTopic starter

what should it be Mario? a php-script for testing what and also missing what is $key_info
it was never defined in your script

Again: the situation is that the phpvibe-Server tries to make a connection on port 80 to labs.phpvibe.com
It doesnt com through because port 80 is blocked to the internet.
The connection has to be done through por 3128, that is the port of the proxy.
The proxy is not configured in the phpvibe-server, so no connection is possible to get access to the whole internet
  •  

Marius P.

$key_info is a simple array with the domain name and phpvibe key.

This is just the piece of code where PHPVibe calls the licensing server from the admin panel.
Tought it may give you ideas.

But you can see all this in the tester file, uses same coding.
  •  

ReinhardTopic starter

okay, thankyou. I will test it
  •