Conversation (messaging) issue PHPVIBE 5

Started by yafe3,

Previous topic - Next topic

yafe3Topic starter

Hi Mario
if this issue has been reported before please delete this thread if not :

the issue im facing is when i click message on any member  profile i get a page saying sorry this video doesn't exist
when i check the link it looks like this : http://www.mywebsite.com/conversation
i checked your website it works fine and the link look like this http://www.videoinedit.com/conversation/58
i have a fresh 5.03 installation and updated 5.00 v to 5.03  both have the problem
if you think you dont have the issue in the script it may be in my website but please tell us how we apply patches, are you updating the download file in the store daily ?
thanks 
  •  

yafe3Topic starter

just to let you know,  i did a fresh installation phpvibe 5 and then went and deleted the database (drop) files using phpmyadmin then i re uploaded my website database but my website was a phpvibe4
i think thats why messaging table doesn't existe any  help please how do i fix it  :-\
  •  

Marius P.

Did you run sqlupgrader.php ? You miss tables there...
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Marius P.

I've checked now and the database tables creations for conversation are fine in both /setup and /sqlupgrader.php, make sure you don't have older versions or something...
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

yafe3Topic starter

Quote from: @Mario on

Did you run sqlupgrader.php ? You miss tables there...

You get me, i never run  this  update i dont know how to do .im sorry  for this stupid question  but can  you please explain  to  me  how i do that
  •  

Marius P.

•  

uyung

I think you message system must be better Mario, I'm using mobile to use this system, when I saw the inbox, it directly to page which I must select channel first for continue the conversation. I don't know who was send the message, and must I choose the channel which I don't know what channel with sending me a message?
  •  

Marius P.

You don't need to choose any channel, that's the default message on inbox if no conversation is selected.

The list of conversations is on the left, you just have to click the button to see it.
  •