Hi. New Customer. Question about license keys for sub-domains.

Started by shimpi,

Previous topic - Next topic

shimpiTopic starter

Hi.

I am currently trying to create a self-hosted video CMS site from home, meaning no off-prem hosting and sub-domain from DynamicDNS. However I wanted more clarity on the instructions in your License Keys page.

"Please do not add anything more than the main domain (domain.ext)

don't use any of the following: http:// , www. or subdomains or folders for key registration".

Does this mean I have to own a registered domain, and/or registering sub-domains is simply not allowed?
  •  

shimpiTopic starter

Allow me to clarify. No, I will not be hosting with a 3rd party web host provider. Yes, I will use a DynamicDNS sub-domain.
  •  

whitetiger

You can use it on one main domain.

You can remove it and re-create it for another. The key spot won't be lost.

You pay for the license spots (number of keys which can be registered) not for the actual key.

When using a key on (for example) etc.com subdomains and folder installs use the same key.

Meaning video.etc.com , anime.etc.com , movies.etc.com , presentations.etc.com use the same key as etc.com, they do not require extra keys.

If you need to use our CMS on more domains than the number of key spots you own head to the product page and choose "Buy extra license".

It may not be possible.

Source: https://www.phpvibe.com/faq/#1528000448523-3e6b09c8-b915

You need to own a domain in order to register the product to that domain. Why not invest $5 on a domain so you accomplish what you want to do. Then you'll be able to use subdomains.
  •  

Marius P.

Quote from: shimpi on
Hi.

Does this mean I have to own a registered domain, and/or registering sub-domains is simply not allowed?

Subdomains use the keys of the main domains. You can use the subdomain, but create a key for it's main domain.
Ex: videos.ttl.com will work with the key created for ttl.com , so will test.ttl.com, same key is required.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •