What file would you go to in order for require category on all uploads?

Started by dbristylez0831,

Previous topic - Next topic

dbristylez0831Topic starter

I was wondering what file that would be and which line? Where would the file be located exactly? And I also wanted to change the form as well.
  •  

Oh and my icons are out of control. Everytime something is shared somewhere like facebook it shows the wrong picture. Like I just shared a models picture and it posted another models picture.
  •  

yafe3

This a good question  i was wondering  the same,some people  they don't  choose  a category  they mess the  looking system
  •  

Quote from: yafe3 on
This a good question  i was wondering  the same,some people  they don't  choose  a category  they mess the  looking system

Maybe we will get an answer Monday. But if I find out I will let you know.
  •  

Marius P.

com/com_add.php
com/com_share.php

You simply have to add required="" to the select .
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

•  

Check line 140 I did as you said but everytime I try it, it doesn't work. I try to leave the category blank and it still uploads. Really now it doesn't require you to put anything at all not even a title. But it started doing that even before I changed the code. I know that you are busy with others but when you get a chance in that com/share.php I was wondering what would have to change in that file so i can set a universal icon for sharing and also users that do not upload a image to the content they upload?
  •  

Marius P.

No, no

Look at the function

function cats_select($name = null, $class= "select", $validate ="validate[required] form-control", $type="1"){
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Marius P.

My bad, here is a fix for this:

Change in functions.php lines 1859 to 1867 (caution with line numbers, they may vary based on software used)

/* Channels dropdown builder */
function cats_select($name = null, $class= "select", $validate ="required", $type="1"){
global $cachedb;
$sub = '';
$data = '';
if(!is_moderator()) { $sub ="AND sub > 0";}
$categories = $cachedb->get_results("SELECT cat_id as id, cat_name as name, child_of as ch  FROM  ".DB_PREFIX."channels WHERE type = '".$type."' ".$sub." order by cat_name asc limit 0,10000");
$data =' <select placeholder="'._lang("Select channel:").'" name="'.$name.'" class="'.$class.' form-control" '.$validate.'> ';
if($categories) {
  •  

Marius P.

After that in

com/com_share.php (for link share) change:

'.cats_select('categ','select',' form-control',$mt).'

to

'.cats_select('categ','select','required',$mt).'

But, as I've noticed doing this steps, even if the required tag exists, the validation for jquery is not passed, as it's being canceled by the select2 jquery plugin.
  •