[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] [Vote] PHPVibe channel changes

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

[2 votes allowed] Should it change to Youtube a like channels ?

Remove full categories and switch to channels
Switch to channels but keep categories with videos
Switch to channels but move categories to channel containers
Is fine as it is (Do nothing)

Marius P.Topic starter

Should PHPVibe allow an user to create his channel like Youtube does?

Basically:
- rebranding profile to channel, and choose an channel name
- rebrand channels to categories (make categories optional or remove them?)
- build a list of channels by views and/or by videos instead of the videos in the categories list (there could be several approaches)
- move subscription box and interactions to 'channel name' and not 'user name'.
- Categories could be forced to contain channels and not videos directly.

Your opinion please (by vote or/and reply)!
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

riker1981

Don't mess with the success formula. Split it into a new product instead.
  •  

demonguru18

Mario yes its good to have the channel feature but with paid membership
I am fan of PHP Vibe
  •  

PHPClient

#1 I think it's a great idea to allow a user to create their own channel.  But in my opinion, it has to come at a cost to that user (i.e. paid feature) due to the fact that they'll be taking quite a bit of server resources with their channel and perhaps marketing their channel to others generating further load on resources; still a great idea and a good problem to have!  :)

#2 Channel feature has to allow an Admin to Enable/Disable channel feature depending on site-owner preference.

- rebranding profile to channel, and choose an channel name <-------- Keep Profile for personal user and allow them to add-on/create their own channel (or channels)

- rebrand channels to categories (make categories optional or remove them?) <------- Keep Categories and allow users to create channel under appropriate category for their uploaded material.

- build a list of channels by views and/or by videos instead of the videos in the categories list (there could be several approaches) <------ I'm alittle unlcear about this point.

- move subscription box and interactions to 'channel name' and not 'user name'. <------- Yes, if you do decide to move forward with channel idea, you will need to create this separation between the two.

- Categories could be forced to contain channels and not videos directly. <-------- This should be left to site owner to decide if they want videos under their categories section OR if they want a child menu under categories that forces child category to contain channels instead of videos; Can the script be coded for both?

Example:  Category: Animals     Child Category: Member Channels      Channel: Rick's Safari Adventures
  •  

atom

Sure, why not, its a good option as many other we recommended...Who knows better than PhPVibe users...;-)

1. It would be nice to be able to hide embed code.
2. Categories instead of channel.
3. Also some basic file download protection.
4. Sub-channel There are only images, no text...It could be Horizontal, confusing for users...
5. Player logo position
6. Home button
7. Search user by ip, user name or email addres
8. User ban option
9. User password change (inside admin panel) so admin can change password easily
10. Article creation for example, no font size change option (or i dont know how to find it;-)
11. Registration turn on/off
12. Disallowed usernames-words
13. Server HDD space monitoring
14. Email verification on/off

Thank you...
  •  

identicalmedia

WOW! it is a great idea ,

for those that want it to be paid , you can do a customization after its release , i don't see why users should pay to create channels.

the features helps phpvibe site gt better , more user friendly

NOTE: If you want to build a successful video site , everything should be free for your users , find ways to monetize your contents
  •  

demonguru18

identicalmedia  -: It needs to have an option paid because its going to increase your server load.
I am fan of PHP Vibe
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

I honestly don't see how to build this and keep the profile also, it will be the same thing almost with the profile...
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

boxboy

Will be nice to be just like a youtube but whit new fresh look and video ads (when someone play video to start first video ads 10 sec , or 20,30 ) regards
  •  

mihai

You can do that on a specific player,not in youtube player and not with shared videos
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: boxboy on
Will be nice to be just like a youtube but whit new fresh look and video ads (when someone play video to start first video ads 10 sec , or 20,30 ) regards

You can do that with jPlayer and jads (but for .mp4 uploaded videos).
  •