[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] PHPVibe 3.3 RC1 Issues/Bugs [Please report here]

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

Marius P.Topic starter

Open thread for issues in the beta. Please reply here with anything you can find.

Quote from: @Mario on
Unfinished beta is in the marketplace (same pack as 3.1).
Please report any issues you may find.

Warning:
- crons are not in this pack
- footer is missing (surprised nobody noticed this)
- it's not multilingual
- options don't have edit

Anything else you can find, it's welcome.

Installations:

- open vibe_config_sample.php and edit all the initial values for database, url, etc. FOLLOW the comments.
- rename vibe_config_sample.php to vibe_config.php
- upload everything to server
- head to /setup
- fix any requested chmods printed by setup
- add the admin user
- remove both /setup and a file called "hold" in root.
- admin panel is at /moderator (you can rename it and redefine it in config).

This should be all.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

marius20foc

I do think that this should be put in TROUBLESHOOTING, but I hope for a faster answer here.

I've done all until :

-head to yourdomain.com/setup ...it seems that its not loading...All the files are uploaded corectly and vipe_config.php modified to my own specs.

Can someone who installed it clear this out for me?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

kayskeem

Is this the version we can install on a live site ? How do u go about upgrading from the older version ?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: kayskeem on
Is this the version we can install on a live site ? How do u go about upgrading from the older version ?

No, this for testing only. If you install it on a live site, make sure you apply all following fixes.
There is no upgrader, and won't be, until it's a stable release.
  •  

kayskeem

Where will the fixes be ?  and lets say I install this one on a live site and you release the stable version,  Can I update my rc1 version to the stable version easily without problems or is it not possible?
  •  

marius20foc

resolved the 500 internal server error ...

but here's a thing:

why is my admin page looking so messed up? it didn't load a .css file or something?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

The fixes will be on issues reported :) Untill I don't have the issues, we can't fix them :) IF ANY...
Yes, it can be upgraded with just replacing some files.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: marius20foc on
resolved the 500 internal server error ...

but here's a thing:

why is my admin page looking so messed up? it didn't load a .css file or something?

Check source, see if the links to css and js are ok. Looks like link to css is wrong, indeed.
Do you have a slash after the domain in the config? like http://www.domain.com/ ?
  •  

marius20foc

I do have a / in site adress in config.php.

I renamed the moderator folder(also in vibe_config.php). If the .css is in the new folder do I need to rename anything else so the correct .css is loaded?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

No, check adm-functions.php
function admin_url($sk = null){
if(is_null($sk)) {
return site_url().ADMINCP.'/';
} else {
return site_url().ADMINCP.'/?sk='.$sk;
}
}

Should return it correct if in the vibe_config.php
/** Admin folder, rename it and change it here **/
define( 'ADMINCP', 'moderator' );

it's defined correctly.

Look in the source for structure:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.videosqq.com/moderator/css/bootstrap.min.css">

See what's not normal in the url, that will tell you where the error is
  •  

marius20foc

for all those who have the same issue : give 755 permissions to js and css(thx Mario)

Second ::) : I've added some videos, unpublished them(all), but they seem to still appear as published(onsite). Video manager under admin panel is empty. Unpublished videos in admin panel has all the videos.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Published queries updated. Upload updated.

Replace /Affected files
tpl/main/
- home.php
- profile.php
-channel.php

com/
- com_videolist.php
- com_search.php

Sorry for this... I have 189 folders with steps on development  :-\
  •  

vaidas

•  

marius20foc

Quote from: vaidas on
where is footer ?
in the first post it says :
Warning:
- crons are not in this pack
- footer is missing (surprised nobody noticed this)
- it's not multilingual
- options don't have edit
  •  

kayskeem

The fixes will be on issues reported :) Untill I don't have the issues, we can't fix them :) IF ANY...
Yes, it can be upgraded with just replacing some files.

Sounds good so how do I install  rc1 on my current version ? Just upload the files and replace ? And with all the new fixes so u update the rc1 package ?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

What is your current version? If it's 3.1 it will not work, they have different database structures.
  •  

kayskeem

What is your current version? If it's 3.1 it will not work, they have different database structures.

I have 3.1 and i was hoping i can just switch it to 3.3 right now but I see its not possible as of now but will be with the stable i hope...so I cant keep my 3.1 version i have to do is a fresh install correct?
  •  

fcarew

@Mario

Good News  ;D

Sometimes a video has this message " html5: Video file not found:-[

That's because the filename is either to long or has to many funny characters in it like " #{]/|.  "  :'(

#: So i then Manually Renamed: localfile/august-13-13-1-20-am-Will.I.Am-Ft.-Justin-Bieber---#thatPOWER-[Music-Video]-1080p-[newstuff].mp4

to

localfile/august-13-13-1-20-am-new-name.mp4

#: Updated the Source Link in the new name & it worked perfect   8)

--

P.S: I think if you add some code to the uploader that renames all the uploads to a 20 ~ character a-z/0-9 only  :o

--
  •  

fcarew

This URL is invalid or the video is removed by the provider.

In edit video "Source link is blank... "

#: I'm looking more into this' will update when i find something useful  ???
  •  

Madalin Adrian

- notice the span tag where the logo should be
- you could add a padding to the title after the video thumbnail
- also see how the tabs look on my profile page (on two lines)

Ps: the new version is incredible!
PHPVibe Rocks!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Madalin I didn't yet finish the mobile skelethon to 100%, you can remove the span from the mobile logo in admin configuration.
  •  

kayskeem

Hi Mario,  I got an error saying Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in  /homepage.php on line 78  This happens when i go to homepage builder.  Any Ideas ?
  •  

goodspirit

a few additions that i consider important
-Embed Video ; there is no embed video/playlist n external website
-sharing; there is no social media sharing widget for sharing videos and playlists
-Footer; there isn't any footer in this realease

@Mario just my suggestions
  •