[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] PHPVibe 3.4 Development

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

Noel

--
Never execute code written on a Friday or a Monday.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Still having some issues, you can't execute ffmpeg after upload because it will take forever to return video uploaded, so i'm building a cron to process them separately.
The upload just triggers the cron.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Noel

Not sure how Clip-bucket does it, but it's done in a nice way! Maybe you should have a look at it?
--
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Turns out my version works to, care to test on http://www.videoinedit.com/ some avi files?
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Noel

Just uploaded a small .mp4 file.. So far so good...  Or does it need to be an .avi?
--
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

It will do conversion for every file, but I will add an skip on .mp4 .. or I should leave it to be reconverted or chosen size...hmm, I'll think about it.
The wrapper will be pretty limited so far, but we will improve it here on the forum and patch it in the script.
For now I see only one issue, the damn conversion cron does not clear cache.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

Noel

An other small bug (IE11 again?) When I try to edit the movie (yes it's been disabled by the admin) it is really hard to select the button(s). With IE11 I have to hover just above the button to make it clickable!
--
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

You know that thing that you only use IE to download Chrome/Firefox? I hope soon it will be the same for all :)
I will upgrade an IE to 11, see what I can help you with.
  •  

duken666

Quote from: @Mario on
It will do conversion for every file, but I will add an skip on .mp4 .. or I should leave it to be reconverted or chosen size...hmm, I'll think about it.
The wrapper will be pretty limited so far, but we will improve it here on the forum and patch it in the script.
For now I see only one issue, the damn conversion cron does not clear cache.

Hey Mario, please make it that .mp4 files are not reconverted. Usually reconverting reduces the quality of movies and that's bad and why reconvert something that's already in a perfect format? Just unnecessery waste of computation on the server. Please make it convert only other formats to .mp4 or at least let the admin choose if .mp4 files are converted or not.

I have like 1600 files in .mp4 waiting to be uploaded and all of them in good quality. I don't want to loose the quality and have to reconvert 1600 files, which are already in a perfect format.
  •  

Wnux

Hi! I don't understand, you can import those movies with the channel importer in Youtube importer.
What do you refer to with movies?

Sorry, the company is not for sale, just PHPVibe is for sale (joking :) )
thank you mario :),

propose the sale of movie,
offer a bonus of more member that connects to the site,

sale of film, video lesson .... while having the basic version of phpvibe to send video
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Sorry Wnux I really don't understand what you refer to.
"Sale of movie"?
  •  

Wnux

Sorry Wnux I really don't understand what you refer to.
"Sale of movie"?
yes :) ( safe of movie or Video on Demand, )
a module / or with phpvibe  including
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

I don't know what that is...or may refer to...
  •  

ajitsingh

New to PHPVibe, but looking for these basic solution:

1) RSS Feed
its must, so that submit feed to rss network or people can subscribe (feedly, FeedBurner etc ) or Auto-post to Facebook Page wall or Twitter.

2) XML, Video XML Sitemaps
its must have, Google or Bing Webmaster Tools required XML sitemap for indexing.

3) Predefined Ads Space on post layout.
it should be easy and simple per-defined sport in layout to place ads like 300x250, 728x90 or 160x800 (like WordPress widget)

4) Addthis Different Share Buttons options.
User can select what design/button they like to have for social share..
(good example Addthis wordpress plugin)

5) Option to disable New right hand side featured/related video list, that space can be used for Placing ads. 300x250

6) Didn't like you removed category menu in left hand on phpvibe 3.4, give us option to enable/disable on video post. also this space can be used for ads 160x800 below category.

7) Menu: if possible add menu system on top bar, like Twitter :)

it will be very helpful...
Thanks

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: ajitsingh on

7) Menu: if possible add menu system on top bar, like Twitter :)

it will be very helpful...
Thanks

Just added a css3 one (to remove the jquery one from the sidebar).

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

New way to post pictures, now with predefined Images category.
  •  

Noel

Looking good!!

One more thing. Now that FFMPEG is in place we should be able to upload .wmv files too.
Can you enable it in the admin so that I can test it?
--
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

It's done.
I've made a comma separated list of extension as option in admin.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

ajitsingh

Just added a css3 one (to remove the jquery one from the sidebar).

thanks, whats about other things on list ;)

Quote1) RSS Feed
its must, so that submit feed to rss network or people can subscribe (feedly, FeedBurner etc ) or Auto-post to Facebook Page wall or Twitter.

2) XML, Video XML Sitemaps
its must have, Google or Bing Webmaster Tools required XML sitemap for indexing.

3) Predefined Ads Space on post layout.
it should be easy and simple per-defined sport in layout to place ads like 300x250, 728x90 or 160x800 (like WordPress widget)

4) Addthis Different Share Buttons options.
User can select what design/button they like to have for social share..
(good example Addthis wordpress plugin)

5) Option to disable New right hand side featured/related video list, that space can be used for Placing ads. 300x250

6) Didn't like you removed category menu in left hand on phpvibe 3.4, give us option to enable/disable on video post. also this space can be used for ads 160x800 below category.

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

RSS and Sitemaps will be plugins.
Ads it's what keeps us from releasing, working on it.
AddThis was removed.
5, no, it will create a gap, but you can replace the php include with a video ad (I'm write a tutorial).
6, pointless with the menu moved to header.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Added skip conversion for mp4.
Added second select for thumbnail extraction in Upload settings.
  •