[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] PHPVibe 4.0 suggestions

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

AHStudioOfficial

Hey Mario, saw that reply. That's a really cool idea.But it eill be cool if somebody can share texts on his profile. but hey! No problem.

Also, When are you going to add streams to phpVibe? It would be really good if my users were able to watch streams. You know mostly my streams are going to be TV Channels Live. And i really need that. You know, i can embed the live player of the tv channel and put it in my video page, i use JWPlayer, i want the tv channel run on my JWPlayer lively. And also, if you are not able to add that function please tell me how can i add stream source to my player code. I worked on it, it didn't work. Please add streams to phpVibe or help me.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: AHStudioOfficial on
Also, When are you going to add streams to phpVibe? It would be really good if my users were able to watch streams. You know mostly my streams are going to be TV Channels Live. And i really need that. You know, i can embed the live player of the tv channel and put it in my video page, i use JWPlayer, i want the tv channel run on my JWPlayer lively. And also, if you are not able to add that function please tell me how can i add stream source to my player code. I worked on it, it didn't work. Please add streams to phpVibe or help me.

I'm not really sure why you guys (in general) think I know instinctively everything.
I've never used any streams, so I don't really know how to help out. I know an streaming server software was/is about 2000$, so never was interested to look further.
I assume if it can be matched as regex it could be added easily as source and played in jwplayer like this http://support.jwplayer.com/customer/portal/articles/1430358-using-rtmp-streaming
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

AHStudioOfficial

Hey Mario! Another Suggestion :

1)Can you allow jwplayer to show related videos in player? I mean creating a php file that makes xml's for every video.
http://support.jwplayer.com/customer/portal/articles/1409745-display-related-videos

2)Can you allow jwplayer to show sharing block in player? I mean adding new lines to class.provider.php

3) And also , this is the thing we all need. Make description show urls as link. And make spaces in description. When i try to put spaces and enters in video description it removes the spaces, Seriously members can't even read the description.

•  

AHStudioOfficial

1) Add more filters ( Name, Publish Date, Likes , Comments, Views etc.) to Search page ( for Search results)

2) Make members page and add filters to that page (Name, Video Views, Profile Views, Liked videos, festured channels)

3) give results playlists and members on search page. When you're searching something on search page there will appear 3 tabs : Videos, Members, Playlists. It will give result for 3 of them.

4) Allow members to select more categories when uploading

5) Make sitemap, we were looking for this for a year.

Dont forget members page ...
  •  

pome

Hi Mario, hope you´re well,

two things:

1 - A single RSS for Articles

2 - Include articles posts in the main RSS.

Thanks!
Ezequiel
  •  

fireslayed

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Hey Mario! Another Suggestion :

1)Can you allow jwplayer to show related videos in player? I mean creating a php file that makes xml's for every video.
http://support.jwplayer.com/customer/portal/articles/1409745-display-related-videos

2)Can you allow jwplayer to show sharing block in player? I mean adding new lines to class.provider.php

3) And also , this is the thing we all need. Make description show urls as link. And make spaces in description. When i try to put spaces and enters in video description it removes the spaces, Seriously members can't even read the description.

1. See this article note:

QuoteThis document applies to users of JW Player Premium and Enterprise.
So this does not apply to norml free version (plugin not available).
2. This is easy I think jus a parameter in embed.
3. I'll look into it, they are stripped for a reason. But I'll look onto improving this.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: pome on
Hi Mario, hope you´re well,

two things:

1 - A single RSS for Articles

2 - Include articles posts in the main RSS.

Thanks!
Ezequiel

Bit better, thanks!

1. Sure.
2. Not sure, maybe with optional switch, I honestly would not use this, since subscribers expect media not articles.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: fireslayed on
What version when

What are you asking?
We're talking about version 4.0 here, which is work in progress and should come sometimes around January (we're doing our best to be faster, but depends on a tone of factors).
  •  

AHStudioOfficial

Hey Mario another one:

Make a "Watch Later" playlist that comes pre-created for every user. Members can add videos to that playlist ( Like on Youtube ) And also there will be an icon on video page that allows you to add videos to "Watch Later"
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Hey Mario another one:

Make a "Watch Later" playlist that comes pre-created for every user. Members can add videos to that playlist ( Like on Youtube ) And also there will be an icon on video page that allows you to add videos to "Watch Later"
This is do be done (thought about pre-making playlists for watch later, likes and history)
  •  

identicalmedia

Please don't forget to add CDN for external storage , eg. Amazon s3

its not easy to run a video site without storing file on external server

my site have lotf of files uploaded by users and its started slowing my site , but if am able to store files on external server , it will help site speed and bandwidth usage

•  

AHStudioOfficial

Another one:

After importing videos from youtube . The script automatically will download the video from youtube and upload it to the website. And the video will run locally.
  •  

AHStudioOfficial

Mario! And also,

Add new block types to homepage.

First block type is : Trending videos block. It will work as every block works. You select the category of videos or make it display recent,popular,featured etc. videos.

Second block type is: Subscription Content block. It will work as every block works. But except it will display the content only for logged in users. Since only logged in users can subscribe, it will display it only for logged in users. You can select how many people's video to display and how many video of people to display

Also, Add visibility option to homepage blocks. So you can make specific block display only for logged in users, or not logged in users.

Let's say i made trending videos display popular videos and made it visible only to not logged in users. And i added subscrioption content block to homepage. It will display it only for logged in users. It will display 5 people's videos and 25 videos of each person (subscription).
  •  

AHStudioOfficial

Mario, Are you going to make a function where registered users can create multiple channels? (Like you can do in YouTube)
  •  

AHStudioOfficial

Hey Mario! There a lot of issues with videolist.

All the videolists are optimized only for your screen. I mean in small screens there are big spaces in the container.Especially when you open-up the sidebar. Just look at all these :

PROFILE PAGE :

VIDEO LIST:

The thing it's happening in playlist page, in homepage, etc.

Please fix this. It's not a good thing. You can change every video's size depended on screen size.

Thanks.
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Another one:

After importing videos from youtube . The script automatically will download the video from youtube and upload it to the website. And the video will run locally.

This for sure no. I don't want features which need almost daily updating of the code. http://www.phpvibe.com/forum/plugins-mods/download-youtube-videos/
  •  

demonguru18

Hey Mario good to see you are adding the previous and next button. Did you do changes to articles. Is there a social share and comment section. Facebook commenting system will also do but please need some commenting system for articles. And can we have some edit in for blog categories names displayed on right something like a dropdown similar to video channels.
I am fan of PHP Vibe
  •  

krejcis

Hi,
I would appreciate if can exist in new phpvibe version something like this in admin menu:
http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/

IT is possible mario? not so complicate and quite useful
Thanks
Jan
  •  

mihai

Is there a way thay you guys can do not allow people to share the same link on the website?If is it it would be nice to integrate that option:)
  •  

mihai

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: mihai on
That's not legit man:)

This is one of the features I've stated from day one I don't wish to build, or better said to maintain.
I have prioritary contracts going on, I can't be checking all day if Youtube changed their paths.
  •  

mihai

Quote from: @Mario on
This is one of the features I've stated from day one I don't wish to build, or better said to maintain.
I have prioritary contracts going on, I can't be checking all day if Youtube changed their paths.
I didn't typed correct my point was that is not legit to download video from youtube(mp4.avi) and upload the content to your website:)
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

I know it's not legal or correct either, but it's a pain to maintain also.
  •  

megzz

Plase make a member list page with so that people will be able to search other members and also their details ...
  •