[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] PHPVibe 4.0 suggestions

Started by Marius P.,

Previous topic - Next topic

krejcis

Please don´t forget to keep corect description styling when video is uploaded from other website.. In other post Mario prommissed that this may be solved in version 4.. So don´t forget please:-)
Jan
  •  

identicalmedia

Please Add a Download System, with option for users to allow download or not while uploading a file ,
  •  

sharekhan

make phpvibe 4 to work 100% on ssl.. 3.6 have so many problems on ssl..
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: sharekhan on
make phpvibe 4 to work 100% on ssl.. 3.6 have so many problems on ssl..

For ssl you can't use cdn for js files, you simply have to download those files (jquery.js,etc) and link them from local url.
Happy with my help? Buy me a coffee.
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

Equadore

It may have been suggested already, but the ability to upload more than just one image at a time(batch images). Also the ability to put videos in more than just one catagory. At least a max of 5.
Went from Clipshare, to Adultvideoshare just trying to find a script that works. Now im home!
  •  

mihai

#1 Complex filters for channels:)
Top rated,most viewed,most commented(like the ones that are in browse but for channels) and for browse add more than this week,this month, this year+(today,past 2-3 days)

#2 Don't allow people to share the same link on website:)

•  

AHStudioOfficial

Mario!

First of all, fix this thing please. Whenever i try to make an article or let's say a page this things appear. They really bug me.

•  

mihai

Quote from: AHStudioOfficial on
Mario!

First of all, fix this thing please. Whenever i try to make an article or let's say a page this things appear. They really bug me.

That's from the ck editor try to use the plugin correctly and you will not have problems:)
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Could be cause of the database also, make sure it's set to utf-8
Please, always use the search before opening a new topic! We're all here on our (limited) free time! Make sure you help yourself too!
  •  

vahid4134

•  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: krejcis on
Please don´t forget to keep corect description styling when video is uploaded from other website.. In other post Mario prommissed that this may be solved in version 4.. So don´t forget please:-)
Jan

Open lib/functions.html and change the function _html to:

function _html($txt){
return nl2br(stripslashes(html_entity_decode($txt, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')));
}

This seems to preserve fine the new lines (still testing).
  •  

cyonx

hey Mario, how r u doing? i can't wait for the version 4.0 ultra and new theme evolution, do u have any good date for its release? Well i read all the suggestions here, and some users already suggested what i want to see which is a plugin for Ads, like on youtube, people can pay to place ads on the page or player and also a pay subscription account like vmeo.
I also wanted a livestreaming system but as you said, it's a lot of work, maybe in the future, phpvive has lots of potential, it will grow, not only as clients but more developers. Another thing, i've seen people asking about download youtube videos or take youtube logo out.. guys, i've had bad experience with this on another script which i don't use anymore, i added this "feature" and 2 days later youtube changed their paths, all my videos stopped working, its a pain! So i really like how phpvibe team did with this, the player hides the logo, but its still there. Do you guys offer installation? i installed mine but it didn't work well, it won't upload videos, i'll read the forum around but if i can't figure out, i'll contact support!

Thanks man!  ;D
  •  

cyonx

sorry, here goes my suggestions!

So suggestions;
1. Ads like youtube and pay subscription like vmeo and pay-per-view plugin.
2. Livestreaming(maybe in the future) we never know if you hire a new developer who can do it =D
3. User can upload their own "logo" on their videos and a plugin to allow users to modify their profile design, like change background, and colors.
4. Progressbar Thumbnails on video.js
5. and a better link system. https://www.yoursite.com/watch?v=50kh6Lna658
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: cyonx on
hey Mario, how r u doing? i can't wait for the version 4.0 ultra and new theme evolution, do u have any good date for its release? Well i read all the suggestions here, and some users already suggested what i want to see which is a plugin for Ads, like on youtube, people can pay to place ads on the page or player and also a pay subscription account like vmeo.
I also wanted a livestreaming system but as you said, it's a lot of work, maybe in the future, phpvive has lots of potential, it will grow, not only as clients but more developers. Another thing, i've seen people asking about download youtube videos or take youtube logo out.. guys, i've had bad experience with this on another script which i don't use anymore, i added this "feature" and 2 days later youtube changed their paths, all my videos stopped working, its a pain! So i really like how phpvibe team did with this, the player hides the logo, but its still there. Do you guys offer installation? i installed mine but it didn't work well, it won't upload videos, i'll read the forum around but if i can't figure out, i'll contact support!

Thanks man!  ;D

Hello! Sure, just send me a message, I'll have a look and do it for you.
Make sure you have all the requirements, would help if you let me know what went wrong.
  •  

PHPVibe A.

:o :mad:

Simply by looking a the features list and the first page of suggestions I would say realistically the new team would need 4-5 months for this upgrade.  ;)

You guys are crazy if you think all this requests should go into PHPVibe features, you'll end up with a large, heavy and fully unusable cms platform!

I hope Mario would be smart enough (as I know him to be) to not listen to everyone.

What PHPVibe 4.0 needs to be, in my humble opinion as ex-coder, ex-member of this crew, and a 12 PHPVibe based network of websites webmaster:

- Lighter (those joined queries  ::) )
- Pluggable all the way
- Separated media types (not only list and design, but in sql tables also)
- Change cookies/session system for larger hosting compatibility.
- SD/HD : Google wants small video for SEO, People want quality videos for playback.

The rest should be added by plugins, not as features.

This is what I look up to from 4.0 as a simple client and video webmaster!

Wordpress has very poor default functionality, and a tone of plugins and theme.
PHPVibe has added functionality since so many years ago, but so low in plugins and themes.
Please guys, this strategy needs to change asap!
Clients rule, indeed, but they rule stupidly as fuck, because they never can see what they actually loose with all the pressure they make!

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: Alexander on
  :o >:(

Simply by looking a the features list and the first page of suggestions I would say realistically the new team would need 4-5 months for this upgrade.  ;)

You guys are crazy if you think all this requests should go into PHPVibe features, you'll end up with a large, heavy and fully unusable cms platform!

I hope Mario would be smart enough (as I know him to be) to not listen to everyone.

What PHPVibe 4.0 needs to be, in my humble opinion as ex-coder, ex-member of this crew, and a 12 PHPVibe based network of websites webmaster:

- Lighter (those joined queries  ::) )
- Pluggable all the way
- Separated media types (not only list and design, but in sql tables also)
- Change cookies/session system for larger hosting compatibility.
- SD/HD : Google wants small video for SEO, People want quality videos for playback.

The rest should be added by plugins, not as features.

This is what I look up to from 4.0 as a simple client and video webmaster!

Wordpress has very poor default functionality, and a tone of plugins and theme.
PHPVibe has added functionality since so many years ago, but so low in plugins and themes.
Please guys, this strategy needs to change asap!

Clients rule, indeed, but they rule stupidly as fuck, because they never can see what they actually loose with all the pressure they make!

Don't be mean!
  •  

PHPVibe A.

Quote from: @Mario on

Don't be mean!

I'm sorry bro, never wanted to offend you in any ways!
You've told me the day I've walked trough that door that I should speak my mind, no matter who this might piss off, and I've appreciated your for then.
I've told my opinion, I know it's harsh, but honest!

People need to understand that there are amazing efforts put into this great product by a hand of people and that the way to develop is not to add more to the cms, but add more to the plugins repository.
You need to understand this also! I know you love PHPVibe, you are friends with many of the clients, but how much energy and enthusiasm is left? Don't answer this, I already know!

Best of luck bro!  :-*

Marius P.Topic starter

I'm sorry bro, never wanted to offend you in any ways!
You've told me the day I've walked trough that door that I should speak my mind, no matter who this might piss off, and I've appreciated your for then.
I've told my opinion, I know it's harsh, but honest!

People need to understand that there are amazing efforts put into this great product by a hand of people and that the way to develop is not to add more to the cms, but add more to the plugins repository.
You need to understand this also! I know you love PHPVibe, you are friends with many of the clients, but how much energy and enthusiasm is left? Don't answer this, I already know!

Best of luck bro!  :-*

I understand your point buddy but please stop kissing me! It's awkward :))
  •  

demonguru18

Hey Mario
I have been thinking of telling you about the carousel system in Homepage Blocks
I have different Blocks to show with more thumbs but don't want the visitor to scroll all the way down. Can we have a carousel system like Youtube. I have attached an image please have a look.
Anybody else who thinks this is cool idea can please support me on this.
I am fan of PHP Vibe
  •  

xda

hi mario, my suggestions, please add facebook video code.

Thank you
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

Quote from: xda on
hi mario, my suggestions, please add facebook video code.

Thank you

What you mean by 'facebook video code'?
  •  

Hersh

Some questions:

Why are you dropping Bootstrap? Using a custom built library will have a learning curve and it will mean more work to customize it since there are no standardized styling class names you can call. You'll have to style everything from scratch. Do you really expect that much of a performance difference to justify it?

Also, how long do you expect it will be before it is ready for release? Rough estimate, not exact. I have made a number of code changes to the current build. Will it be similar enough that it will be easy to transfer these code changes?
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

I'm not sure as to what and when right now, with the winter break almost here, running out of time fast.
For now there are no major php changes, I would want them, but it may come on the same grid of bs2.
My main concern right now is speed and usability, I know 3.3-3.6.2 series have been pretty heavy on the sql server, and I want to improve them removing all the main queries from sidebar, but in the meantime have to keep a fluid navigation and accessibility of features.
Once this is done, I'l know how much time is left and how much can this bring.
Plugging actions in pre-in-post elements is a must, if we want to have it much more developer/upgrades/plugin friendly.

One slogan: less code, more functionality! I knows, sounds SF, but has to be done.
  •  

demonguru18

Hey Mario any views on carousel on homepage blocks ???? Please.....
I am fan of PHP Vibe
  •  

Marius P.Topic starter

That was part of the plan and almost done, but the carousels are now on two rows (not one like Youtube), still looking for a script/settings/tweak.
  •