[ Video Sharing CMS v4 ] PHPVibe 4.0 Beta

Started by PHPVibe A.,

Previous topic - Next topic

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Quote from: wetvibes on
any new patches will be available today?

Yes, I'm checking now what was reported since last night.

Hersh

To be honest with you, I hate the implementation of VideoJS. It lacks all the essential plugins and the right click menu floats way far off to the right. I don't know why it was necessary to try to make it look like jPlayer.

I would like to switch it to its default appearance and functionality. I would appreciate it if you could direct me in that direction.

Also, the script is now adding line breaks in the middle of my google adsense ad code and my analytics code.

Thanks. :)
  •  

wetvibes

•  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Quote from: Hersh on
To be honest with you, I hate the implementation of VideoJS. It lacks all the essential plugins and the right click menu floats way far off to the right. I don't know why it was necessary to try to make it look like jPlayer.

I would like to switch it to its default appearance and functionality. I would appreciate it if you could direct me in that direction.

Also, the script is now adding line breaks in the middle of my google adsense ad code and my analytics code.

Thanks. :)

Simply replace the video.js folder (css file and js) in lib/players

I'm sure I've patched that.

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Hi Alexander any new updates coming up today?

Holding them for now, Mario is checking, will get approval and roll out some bigger patch, he said to stop committing every individual patch and make one at end of the day.

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Quote from: AHStudioOfficial on
In categories page if the category has subcategories it displays a carousel. And Only one subcategory is displaying in the carousel. Screenshot:

Fixed, removed the old slider and added the new one.
Patch will commit a bit later.

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

also when uploading a video when you set video duration manually the values doesnt save.

Thank you! Found the issues in com/com_add.php, fixed, will be patched with all the rest.

AHStudioOfficial

•  

wetvibes

Alex we are still waiting for the patches. Dont let us hang please.
  •  

Hersh

^^It's barely been a day. Give them some time. You should not be using this release on a production environment anyway, so I don't see why you should be so impatient.

Alexander, you should check your latest modification to how the copyright footer filter is called. It appears to break pages during load. I switched mine back to
'.apply_filters('tfc', get_option('site-copyright')).'
  •  

Hersh

Hey, found a little bug. Screen:

That's a styling setting, not a bug. Just modify your css.
  •  

Hersh

Another bug (breaks ads):

in functions.php

function _ad($type, $spot= null) {
global $cachedb;
if($type == 1) {
//* Check first if jPlayer is loaded *//
if( !defined( 'jplayerloaded' ) ) {
$ad = $cachedb->get_row("select ad_content,ad_pos from ".DB_PREFIX."ads where ad_type = '1' ORDER BY rand()");
if($ad){
return '
<div class="floating-video-ad adx '.$ad->ad_pos.'">'._html($ad->ad_content).'<span class=" close-ad"></span></div>
';
}
}
} else {
$ad = $cachedb->get_row("select ad_content from ".DB_PREFIX."ads where ad_type = '0' and ad_spot='".$spot."' ORDER BY rand()");
if($ad){
return '<div class="static-ad">'._html($ad->ad_content).'</div>';
}
}
}

Should be replaced with:

global $cachedb;
if($type == 1) {
$ad = $cachedb->get_row("select ad_content,ad_pos from ".DB_PREFIX."ads where ad_type = '1' ORDER BY rand()");
if($ad){
return '
<div class="floating-video-ad adx '.$ad->ad_pos.'">'._pjs($ad->ad_content).'<span class=" close-ad"></span></div>
';
}
}
} else {
$ad = $cachedb->get_row("select ad_content from ".DB_PREFIX."ads where ad_type = '0' and ad_spot='".$spot."' ORDER BY rand()");
if($ad){
return '<div class="static-ad">'._pjs($ad->ad_content).'</div>';
}
}
}
  •  

Hersh

Is there any way to set config variables for plugins so that certain values can be adjusted in the back end?

I've created a few plugins and have gotten them to work (although it would have been nice to have some basic documentation). However, I don't want to create a separate plug in for every config setting.

Thanks
  •  

ravi7

Hello,
Can you tell me when the Full Version 4 Will Be finished? you have a link to instream advertising? thank you for your work
  •  

AHStudioOfficial

That's a styling setting, not a bug. Just modify your css.

I know that it's not a bug. I can do that on my own. But i think that this version has to be perfect no matter what
  •  

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Alex we are still waiting for the patches. Dont let us hang please.

I've patched a few things, but let me work a few more hours, so you don't have to do a double-overwrite minutes after (you can check some changes on videoinedit.com)

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Quote from: ravi7 on
Hello,
Can you tell me when the Full Version 4 Will Be finished? you have a link to instream advertising? thank you for your work

I hope today this release will be fully stable.

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

I know that it's not a bug. I can do that on my own. But i think that this version has to be perfect no matter what

I don't see that as a problem, honestly. Fb does the same.

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Another bug (breaks ads):

in functions.php

global $cachedb;
if($type == 1) {
if($ad){
return '
<div class="floating-video-ad adx '.$ad->ad_pos.'">'._html($ad->ad_content).'<span class=" close-ad"></span></div>
';
}
}
} else {
if($ad){
return '<div class="static-ad">'._html($ad->ad_content).'</div>';
}
}
}

Should be replaced with:

global $cachedb;
if($type == 1) {
if($ad){
return '
<div class="floating-video-ad adx '.$ad->ad_pos.'">'._pjs($ad->ad_content).'<span class=" close-ad"></span></div>
';
}
}
} else {
if($ad){
return '<div class="static-ad">'._pjs($ad->ad_content).'</div>';
}
}
}

Thanks Hersh, was aware of this at some point, but forgot to write it down.

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

^^It's barely been a day. Give them some time. You should not be using this release on a production environment anyway, so I don't see why you should be so impatient.

Alexander, you should check your latest modification to how the copyright footer filter is called. It appears to break pages during load. I switched mine back to
'.apply_filters('tfc', get_option('site-copyright')).'

Can you give me the error breaking the page? I can't reproduce this, as load or error.

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Ok, for those which are too eager, so far patch is updated in the store.
For difference, see attached screen from kdiff.

PHPVibe A.Topic starter

Is there any way to set config variables for plugins so that certain values can be adjusted in the back end?

I've created a few plugins and have gotten them to work (although it would have been nice to have some basic documentation). However, I don't want to create a separate plug in for every config setting.

Thanks

Hersh, we will have all the doc ready when stable.
Including plugins.
But for the admin, you only have the hooks folder (in admin) and the ability to add pages and load them as sk=page where page.php exists.
so you need to have
/plugins/name/plugin.php
/moderator/setting.plugin.php
and hook it through the admin hooks (will add some new hook spots there for Plugin setting pages in menu)

wetvibes

•  

Hersh

How about the ability to EDIT existing ads?

Yeah, I have found that to be particularly frustrating as well. I can see no good reason why this is not possible.

Anyway, I have decided to build this functionality myself probably tonight when I get home (since I am not sure if phpVibe has any plans to).
  •  

wetvibes

If you build it please share the code. Regards!
  •